song/cadence request

Old October 11th 05, 03:05 AM
Ron Hardin

Default song/cadence request

There's The Bike Song, Kate & Anna McGarrigle, from _Matapedia_,
if you want to pedal around the neighborhood.

The song is in fact named from the cadence.
--
Ron Hardin

Old October 11th 05, 03:10 AM
Ron Hardin

Ron Hardin wrote:

There's The Bike Song, Kate & Anna McGarrigle, from _Matapedia_,
if you want to pedal around the neighborhood.

The song is in fact named from the cadence.

In fact, come to think of it, this old Thai loogthung has the same cadence
and effect (though melodically it differs, but the resemblance is
striking nevertheless just from cadence)

http://rhhardin.home.mindspring.com/thaibikesong.ram

put it on your mp3 player.

--
Ron Hardin

Old October 11th 05, 04:18 AM
Ron Hardin

Roger Houston wrote:

Pat from Texas likes "The Theme from the Rush Limbaugh Show" which was
originally an instrumental riff from "My City Was Gone" by The Pretenders.

It's on a bit after the top of the hour at noon, 1 and 2 pm Eastern Time
most weekdays, and lasts about thirty seconds if I recall correctly.

Frequently, intensity, duration. Just the thing for a brisk workout.

If you have an atomic clock, it starts at *:06:00 and first voice opportunity
is at *:06:32 (handy to know if you fill out the end of a daily 5 hr. Imus tape with
the beginning of Rush)

Not every station begins carrying Rush at *:06:00 though, many adding spots
to the last second.

The Pretenders album is _Learning to Crawl_

--
Ron Hardin

Old October 11th 05, 04:50 AM
Claire Petersky

After some investigation, I'd recommend the song, "Bike" by Mal Webb. Go to
http://www.malwebb.com/ and click on the "songs" down the left. There's a
full mp3 there you can download for your listening pleasu

Here's the words:
Push on a pedal, push on a pedal / Get your (gasp) heart started
Push on a pedal / Push it down and up again
Get on your bike, sit on the seat / Push your feet on the pedals
And ride it all around / Ride it all around
Oh, get that car out of my way / I want to ride my bike today
It keeps me fit and gets me there / And won't go stinking up the air
Leave behind the daily grind / And let your mind unwind
If it's life you tend to like / You'd better get yourself a bike
Oh, oh, get yourself a bike

--
Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky
See the books I've set free at:
" -Bob

Old October 11th 05, 03:12 PM
Peter Cole

Neil Brooks wrote:
wrote:

I like 'Suicide Blonde', and stuff like that; INXS, anything 'fast'.
Queen's fast stuff, Trapt "Headstrong" is good. Sometimes it's stupid stuff
I wouldn't normally listen to, like 'Livin' la vida Loca', haha.

If I'm having trouble getting up The Big Hill ... and ZZ top happens
to come up on my MP3 player (anything from Greatest Hits) ... I
magically rise off the saddle and a couple dozen extra watts--a gift
from long dead ancestors, I'm assuming--come to me.

I quit all that back in my downhill skiing days when I discovered that
the "boost" I got from inspiring theme music (GnR, L. Zep, ZZ) put me
into dangerous territory (like the woods), my judgment is sketchy enough
without enhancements (maybe I should have tried Enya).

I do use it these days on my rare trainer sessions. Having a very big
MP3 collection makes putting together a list with a tempo profile pretty
easy. I like the big beat/dance trance stuff for that -- Fatboy Slim,
Crystal Method, etc., good for getting in the zone. People are so
different -- I don't think I could take the music in most of the
spinning classes I've watched.

It's strange when I ride my fixed gear that the songs that go in my head
change automatically with cadence -- I'll be hearing Pavarotti up the
hill and Little Richard down.
Old October 11th 05, 03:58 PM
Scott

I have no idea what the cadence is, but I usually bike to
tunes from 'She Loves Me', which I sing as I bike. 'Ice
Cream', 'Perspective' and 'Try Me' are good. If I really
want to go fast, I'll recall Pick-A-Little from Music Man.

FWIW, I cannot stand cyclists (or walkers) with iPods on.
They all ignore me!

Scott
Old October 11th 05, 04:20 PM
Neil Brooks

Scott wrote:

FWIW, I cannot stand cyclists (or walkers) with iPods on.
They all ignore me!

I'm sorry. What did you say?
Old October 11th 05, 04:46 PM
lowkey

"Neil Brooks" wrote in message
Scott wrote:

FWIW, I cannot stand cyclists (or walkers) with iPods on.
They all ignore me!

I'm sorry. What did you say?

la-la-la-la-la-la...I can't hear you......

Old October 11th 05, 07:14 PM
Roger Zoul

Peter Cole wrote:
:: Neil Brooks wrote:
::: wrote:
:::
:::
:::: I like 'Suicide Blonde', and stuff like that; INXS, anything
:::: 'fast'. Queen's fast stuff, Trapt "Headstrong" is good. Sometimes
:::: it's stupid stuff I wouldn't normally listen to, like 'Livin' la
:::: vida Loca', haha.
:::
:::
::: If I'm having trouble getting up The Big Hill ... and ZZ top happens
::: to come up on my MP3 player (anything from Greatest Hits) ... I
::: magically rise off the saddle and a couple dozen extra watts--a gift
::: from long dead ancestors, I'm assuming--come to me.
::
:: I quit all that back in my downhill skiing days when I discovered
:: that the "boost" I got from inspiring theme music (GnR, L. Zep, ZZ)
:: put me into dangerous territory (like the woods), my judgment is
:: sketchy enough without enhancements (maybe I should have tried Enya).

Trying going from one extreme to the other - Enya might put you to sleep.

::

Old October 12th 05, 01:42 AM
~R

I always get the theme song from Family Feud stuck in my head
when I'm pedaling!

~Rob

"Hell and High Water" wrote in message
.net...
: I've noticed that 'Mull of Kintyre' by Paul McCartney is almost
exactly
: 90 beats per minute.
:
: If I listen (or even think about it) while I'm pedaling, I know
I'm at
: or above 90 RPM.
:
: Any other songs that you know of that are at 90 or so?
:
:
: insert Mull of Kintyre criticism here
: