Trek question: Which BB # is the serial #?

Old August 25th 05, 01:25 PM
Paul

Default Trek question: Which BB # is the serial #?

OK Guys,

This question may not be technical enough for this forum, but I'm sure
someone here could easily answer this:
I've got a new Trek road bike (1000), and I need to find the serial #
to register it. The only problem is that there are 2 sets of numbers
on the BB. One set is a sequence of 12 alpha-numerics, beginning with
"WTU".
The other set is a sequence of 15 alpha numerics, with the first three
letters "TBI", followed by a dash "-".
Which set is the serial #?
BTW, I've checked the generic owner's manual, and it helpfully told me
that I would find the serial number on the bottom bracket. Gee thanks,
manual.

Thanks in advance,
Paul P
Old August 25th 05, 07:15 PM
psycholist

Most Trek serial numbers are on the inside of one off the dropouts for the
rear wheel.

--
Bob C.

"Of course it hurts. The trick is not minding that it hurts."
T. E. Lawrence (of Arabia)

Old August 25th 05, 07:31 PM

Paul wrote:
OK Guys,

This question may not be technical enough for this forum, but I'm sure
someone here could easily answer this:
I've got a new Trek road bike (1000), and I need to find the serial #
to register it. The only problem is that there are 2 sets of numbers
on the BB. One set is a sequence of 12 alpha-numerics, beginning with
"WTU".
The other set is a sequence of 15 alpha numerics, with the first three
letters "TBI", followed by a dash "-".
Which set is the serial #?
BTW, I've checked the generic owner's manual, and it helpfully told me
that I would find the serial number on the bottom bracket. Gee thanks,
manual.

Thanks in advance,
Paul P

Dear Paul,

This link may help:

http://www.vintage-trek.com/SerialNumbers.htm

Carl Fogel

Old August 25th 05, 07:35 PM
Vee

Paul wrote:

I've got a new Trek road bike (1000), and I need to find the serial #
to register it. The only problem is that there are 2 sets of numbers
on the BB. One set is a sequence of 12 alpha-numerics, beginning with
"WTU".
The other set is a sequence of 15 alpha numerics, with the first three
letters "TBI", followed by a dash "-".
Which set is the serial #?

The "WTU" series is the serial number.

-Vee

Trek Mountain Bike Serial Number Search [email protected] Racing 1 June 14th 05 08:18 PM
Fast MTB... Trek 6700 question Leigh Mountain Biking 14 October 1st 04 11:45 PM
Trek Question Chris Mountain Biking 25 September 30th 04 06:15 PM
important trek question James Carr Off Road 2 June 15th 04 06:18 AM
Trek Warranty Problems Strex Australia 10 February 15th 04 11:32 AM