Cyclist impedes ambulance by not following the Highway Code

Old January 22nd 18, 04:27 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

Default Cyclist impedes ambulance by not following the Highway Code

http://metro.co.uk/2018/01/22/cyclis...-miss-7248829/
Old January 22nd 18, 04:51 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 22/01/2018 16:27, MrCheerful wrote:

http://metro.co.uk/2018/01/22/cyclis...-miss-7248829/

Latest state of play: 92% believe that the obstructive cyclist was in
the wrong.

I'm surprised it was as low as 92%. After all, cyclists don't amount to
8% of the population. They don't amount to much at all.

QUOTE:
West Midlands Ambulance Service looked into the incident and hit back at
the cyclist saying he should have allowed the ambulance to pass. A
spokesperson said: ‘After reviewing the Trust’s own CCTV footage from
the ambulance, the cyclist should have stopped at the traffic roundabout
to allow the ambulance to pass unhindered. As an ambulance service we
advise members of the public to keep calm if you hear sirens or see
flashing blue lights whilst driving or cycling and give yourself time to
plan. ‘If the emergency vehicle is behind you, pull over by clearly
indicating your intention and stop where it’s safe to do so. Please be
patient by waiting for the emergency vehicle to pass".

That cyclist has an attitude problem. How unusual.

I don't recall ever seeing or hearing of a motor vehicle driver holding
up an emergency vehicle like that. It might have happened, but not in my
experience.

Old January 22nd 18, 05:27 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

On Monday, January 22, 2018 at 4:27:48 PM UTC, MrCheerful wrote:
http://metro.co.uk/2018/01/22/cyclis...-miss-7248829/

100% Ambulance drivers fault.
The cyclist had already entered the junction before the ambulance appeared and made every effort to clear the junction as quickly as possible.
Being on an emergency call does not permit ambulance drivers to endanger other road users.

Old January 22nd 18, 05:39 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire

MrCheerful wrote:
http://metro.co.uk/2018/01/22/cyclis...-miss-7248829/

"I was already going forward if I had stopped he would have hit me.
*********And most likely would have driven off"***************

The gross stupidity of cyclists never ceases to astonish me.

Old January 22nd 18, 05:43 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

On Monday, January 22, 2018 at 5:39:38 PM UTC, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
MrCheerful wrote:
http://metro.co.uk/2018/01/22/cyclis...-miss-7248829/

"I was already going forward if I had stopped he would have hit me.
*********And most likely would have driven off"***************

The gross stupidity of cyclists never ceases to astonish me.

Because they are more intelligent than you?

Old January 22nd 18, 06:27 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

MrCheerful wrote:
http://metro.co.uk/2018/01/22/cyclis...-miss-7248829/

"I was already going forward if I had stopped he would have hit me.
*********And most likely would have driven off"***************

The gross stupidity of cyclists never ceases to astonish me.

Because they are more intelligent than you?

You haven't actually got the hang of witty reparteé, have you?
Old January 22nd 18, 08:56 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 22/01/18 17:27, Simon Jester wrote:
On Monday, January 22, 2018 at 4:27:48 PM UTC, MrCheerful wrote:
http://metro.co.uk/2018/01/22/cyclis...-miss-7248829/

100% Ambulance drivers fault.
The cyclist had already entered the junction before the ambulance appeared and made every effort to clear the junction as quickly as possible.
Being on an emergency call does not permit ambulance drivers to endanger other road users.

We can see drivers had pulled to the side before the junction and the
rider had plenty of room to do so too. The ambulance driver should be
hauled over for incorrect use of the horn; pure aggression, what was
he/she expecting to happen at that late stage?
Old January 22nd 18, 09:12 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire

TMS320 wrote:
On 22/01/18 17:27, Simon Jester wrote:
On Monday, January 22, 2018 at 4:27:48 PM UTC, MrCheerful wrote:
http://metro.co.uk/2018/01/22/cyclis...-miss-7248829/

100% Ambulance drivers fault.
The cyclist had already entered the junction before the ambulance
appeared and made every effort to clear the junction as quickly as
possible. Being on an emergency call does not permit ambulance
drivers to endanger other road users.

We can see drivers had pulled to the side before the junction and the
rider had plenty of room to do so too. The ambulance driver should be
hauled over for incorrect use of the horn; pure aggression, what was
he/she expecting to happen at that late stage?

If you were in the back of the ambulance, crying, bleeding, screaming and
asking for your mammy like scum, cowardly, cyclists do, would you still have
the same intensely stupid attitude?
Thought not.
Have you always been stupid?

Old January 22nd 18, 09:19 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

On Monday, January 22, 2018 at 9:12:06 PM UTC, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
TMS320 wrote:
On 22/01/18 17:27, Simon Jester wrote:
On Monday, January 22, 2018 at 4:27:48 PM UTC, MrCheerful wrote:
http://metro.co.uk/2018/01/22/cyclis...-miss-7248829/

100% Ambulance drivers fault.
The cyclist had already entered the junction before the ambulance
appeared and made every effort to clear the junction as quickly as
possible. Being on an emergency call does not permit ambulance
drivers to endanger other road users.

We can see drivers had pulled to the side before the junction and the
rider had plenty of room to do so too. The ambulance driver should be
hauled over for incorrect use of the horn; pure aggression, what was
he/she expecting to happen at that late stage?

If you were in the back of the ambulance, crying, bleeding, screaming and
asking for your mammy like scum, cowardly, cyclists do, would you still have
the same intensely stupid attitude?

I could always take comfort in the fact that I am not you.

Old January 22nd 18, 09:57 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire

wrote:
TMS320 wrote:
[...]

I was not replying to you. I know it's hard for you to understand this
medium, but you are a cyclist - to your shame.
I take no comfort in not being you. This as there is no reason to be you.
Are you not ashamed of being you?