Street Discussion Thread.

Old June 15th 07, 04:42 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
KlownLife

Default Street Discussion Thread.

Lucas1wheel wrote:
but have you lot re learnt em for each individual flip trick ?

Yeah, but it's always gonna be easier to catch a hick once you've
learnt to catch a straight flip.

Plus, alot of it is to do with confidence, once you've got the self
belief to catch a flip, you'll feel alot better about catching hicks,
tres etc.

Jas

--
KlownLife

One hop is a gift, two hops...now you're just taking the ****!

*'Unicycle.com'
(http://www.unicycle.uk.com/)*
http://www.usenet.com
Old June 15th 07, 09:09 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unifreak7

How about lets let stairs be stairs. And film what's desired, and judge
"coolness" or what not from there. No point naming stairs for the type
other then long or steep, tall or short.

-Shaun Johanneson

--
unifreak7

http://www.unicyclist.com
http://www.usenet.com
Old June 15th 07, 09:35 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
forrestunifreak

unifreak7 wrote:
How about lets let stairs be stairs. And film what's desired, and judge
"coolness" or what not from there. No point naming stairs for the type
other then long or steep, tall or short.

-Shaun Johanneson

+1 for me.

You can pretty much tell by looking if a stair is normal sized, or
wider, whatever. It's simple.

--
forrestunifreak

I will, becuase I can.
'*-My Gallery-*' (http://tinyurl.com/wcrsl)
*www.qu-ax.com* *unicycle for
christ*

liberalism sucks.
http://www.usenet.com
Old June 16th 07, 04:00 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
zfreak220

what are some skateboarding equivalents of unicycle tricks?

--
zfreak220

KH fund: $201.43/$475-$273.62 left-about four months of
savingSeptember 29ish

danger_uni wrote:
I hate it when people miss-quote me.

http://www.usenet.com
Old June 16th 07, 04:02 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
CKCrowe

kickflip- crankflip

--
CKCrowe

1-5 Hours a day- 3! Brand new tricks for me. You'll have to see them in
my movie...coming up in a couple weeks!(one on the 2nd, then the 8th,
and now the 9th!(Dates[June]))
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=unicrankflipMy Youtube Account
http://www.usenet.com
Old June 16th 07, 04:23 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
tugboat

When I write these down, I am putting unicycle trick first, then
skateboard trick... theres a reason for you needing to know that,
mostly with the word varial.

Crankflip - Kickflip
Hickflip/Outflip - Varial Flip or Hardflip
Treyflip - 360 flip, 3 flip or tre flip... whatever you want to call
it, and in some cases, it could be more paralleled to a 360 hardflip
Varial flip - Bigspin flip
Sex Change - Sex Change
180 flip - Frontside/Backside flip

Please note that I fully believe that unicycling is in itself its own
sport with its own tricks haha... but a lot of the trick names do look
similar to skateboarding tricks.

Kevin McMullin

--
tugboat

"You won't get hurt if you land it!"
'Bedford Unicycles' (http://www.bedfordunicycles.ca)
'Kris Holm Unicycles' (http://www.krisholm.com)
http://www.usenet.com
Old June 16th 07, 04:28 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Uniman_3

unispin-shove it

--
Uniman_3

Words are made to strike the minds of the unsuspecting.
http://www.usenet.com
Old June 16th 07, 04:30 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
tugboat

And ironically...

Smallspin (uni) - Bigspin (skatebaord)

Kevin

Old June 17th 07, 09:26 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unicycledood

I guess most of that would be right..... but..... I use to skate and it
took me around about 2 weeks to learn to kickflip and took me almost a
year to learn crankflips on a uni.

--
unicycledood
http://www.usenet.com
Old June 17th 07, 01:33 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
The.Mars.Volta

Luke Collalto wrote:
That's great, catching early helps alot. You should start doing smaller
sets and eventualy flat. Also, what's your name?

thanks. ok i will. i think i have caught them on flat once or twice.
but accidentally. I'm Reef.

--
The.Mars.Volta

'Kidmuni.com' (http://www.kidmuni.com/Home)
'My Gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/2lotu6)
'YouTube Account' (http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=jtbatool)
juggle508 wrote:
I know why Tomsey is so good at backs and why Shaun owns at normal
flips.
It has to do with the gravitational pull. Like how the toilet flushes
in the opposite direction down there. Well its easier down there to
flip backwards then forwards

http://www.usenet.com