Lance needs two more stages for 20 (A Whole GT) lifetime!!!

Old July 21st 04, 06:01 AM
Ronde Champ

Default Lance needs two more stages for 20 (A Whole GT) lifetime!!!

Hey,

Lance has 18 stage wins lifetime in the Tour de France. I saw
somewhere it said 20 already, but I think that included prologues.

So when he wins Alpe du Huez TT, and the stage 19 TT, he'll have won
20 stages in his Tour career. That in 10 years of doing the race.

There are 20 stages in a GT, so Lance will have won enough stages, to
have won every day of a GT stage race. That's pretty impressive. Even
the Lance-haters have to respect that.

Thank you,
Ronde Champ
Old July 21st 04, 06:18 AM
Jim Flom

"Ronde Champ" wrote...

Lance has 18 stage wins lifetime in the Tour de France. I saw
somewhere it said 20 already, but I think that included prologues.

So when he wins Alpe du Huez TT, and the stage 19 TT, he'll have won
20 stages in his Tour career. That in 10 years of doing the race.

There are 20 stages in a GT, so Lance will have won enough stages, to
have won every day of a GT stage race. That's pretty impressive. Even
the Lance-haters have to respect that.

Unless he's a doper.

JF

Old July 21st 04, 08:31 AM
Stewart Fleming

Ronde Champ wrote:

Hey,

Lance has 18 stage wins lifetime in the Tour de France. I saw
somewhere it said 20 already, but I think that included prologues.

So when he wins Alpe du Huez TT, and the stage 19 TT, he'll have won
20 stages in his Tour career. That in 10 years of doing the race.

There are 20 stages in a GT, so Lance will have won enough stages, to
have won every day of a GT stage race. That's pretty impressive. Even
the Lance-haters have to respect that.

Colour me purple, but the only "styles" he hasn't won in has been a
Dudu/Virenque/Chiapucci style 200km breakaway and a field sprint.

Prologue - check.
ITT - check.
TTT - check.
Mountain top finish - check.
Long mountain stage - check.
Small group sprint - check.

Old July 22nd 04, 05:15 AM
Benjamin Weiner

Ronde Champ wrote:

Lance has 18 stage wins lifetime in the Tour de France. I saw
somewhere it said 20 already, but I think that included prologues.

So when he wins Alpe du Huez TT, and the stage 19 TT, he'll have won
20 stages in his Tour career. That in 10 years of doing the race.

There are 20 stages in a GT, so Lance will have won enough stages, to
have won every day of a GT stage race. That's pretty impressive. Even
the Lance-haters have to respect that.

Hasn't Cipo won 42 stages of the Giro? So Cipo has won two
Grand Tours. That's not bad.

Old July 22nd 04, 04:22 PM
Ronde Champ

Stewart Fleming wrote in message ...
Ronde Champ wrote:

Hey,

Lance has 18 stage wins lifetime in the Tour de France. I saw
somewhere it said 20 already, but I think that included prologues.

So when he wins Alpe du Huez TT, and the stage 19 TT, he'll have won
20 stages in his Tour career. That in 10 years of doing the race.

There are 20 stages in a GT, so Lance will have won enough stages, to
have won every day of a GT stage race. That's pretty impressive. Even
the Lance-haters have to respect that.

Colour me purple, but the only "styles" he hasn't won in has been a
Dudu/Virenque/Chiapucci style 200km breakaway and a field sprint.

Prologue - check.
ITT - check.
TTT - check.
Mountain top finish - check.
Long mountain stage - check.
Small group sprint - check.

Stage 17 1st place Lance Armstrong

Guess Lance reads here. Or during the Tour, his bald headed soigneur
does.

Lance was troubled by all the talk of ONLY 20 stage wins. With the TT
on Saturday a certain win, he mixed it up on a road stage today.

McEwen on Friday, and Boonen on Sunday are the remaining stage
winners.

Lance ends his career with 21 stage wins. And no, Giro stage wins for
Mario don't count. The I-Ties only ride hard in the final 30k.

Ronde Champ

Old July 22nd 04, 04:49 PM
Gingerale392

There are 20 stages in a GT, so Lance will have won enough stages, to
have won every day of a GT stage race. That's pretty impressive. Even
the Lance-haters have to respect that.

Hasn't Cipo won 42 stages of the Giro? So Cipo has won two
Grand Tours. That's not bad. BRBR

Rather than address LA's greatness, change the subject. I'm learning.