Chicago Bike Commute Pictures

Old February 7th 04, 04:37 AM
Claire Petersky

Default Chicago Bike Commute Pictures

"Claire Petersky" wrote in message
news:OkvTb.163154$sv6.893271@attbi_s52...
I am in the process of putting my pictures (currently as a set of yahoo
photos) into a set of free geocities webpage. When I'm done, I'll post the
address at the newsgroup.

These may now be seen he

http://www.geocities.com/cpetersky/commute1.html

--
Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky

Home of the meditative cyclist:

New CD coming out this month! See: http://www.tiferet.net

"To forgive is to set the prisoner free and then discover the prisoner
was you."

Old February 7th 04, 05:19 AM
Mike Kruger

"Claire Petersky" wrote in message
I am in the process of putting my pictures (currently as a set of yahoo
photos) into a set of free geocities webpage. When I'm done, I'll post

the
address at the newsgroup.

These may now be seen he

http://www.geocities.com/cpetersky/commute1.html

I'll try later. Geocities is tired and has taken a rest:

"Sorry, this site is temporarily unavailable!
The web site you are trying to access has exceeded its allocated data
transfer."

--
Mike Kruger
"Does this timeline need to be in any particular order?"

Old February 7th 04, 09:53 AM
Bernie

Claire Petersky wrote:

"Claire Petersky" wrote in message

I am in the process of putting my pictures (currently as a set of yahoo
photos) into a set of free geocities webpage. When I'm done, I'll post the
address at the newsgroup.

These may now be seen he

http://www.geocities.com/cpetersky/commute1.html

--
Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky

Home of the meditative cyclist:

New CD coming out this month! See: http://www.tiferet.net

"To forgive is to set the prisoner free and then discover the prisoner
was you."

Good Pics!
And a great bike path. I'm envious. It's kind of long, but nice to
have such a long no motor vehicle traffic route. (no comments about
multiple use paths today!).
Best regards, Bernie

Old February 9th 04, 10:36 PM
Pete

"Claire Petersky" wrote in message
"Claire Petersky" wrote in message
I am in the process of putting my pictures (currently as a set of yahoo
photos) into a set of free geocities webpage. When I'm done, I'll post

the
address at the newsgroup.

These may now be seen he

http://www.geocities.com/cpetersky/commute1.html

Very cool. Nice that the trail works for you.

Pete

Old February 9th 04, 10:50 PM
David Reuteler

Default boise bike commute

Claire Petersky wrote:
: These may now be seen he
: http://www.geocities.com/cpetersky/commute1.html

hey, i just threw mine up (for boise, idaho) as well.

http://lupercalia.org/commute/

i feel a little bad about how they turned out. you can't really see the
foothills or mountains at all (only in the last one which is a panaroma shot
of boise can you begin to make 'em out). but that's honest .. i didn't see
them or the sun for most of january. maybe i'll post an update for spring.
--
david reuteler

Old February 10th 04, 03:52 PM
Claire Petersky

"Pete" wrote in message

"Claire Petersky" wrote in message

These may now be seen he

http://www.geocities.com/cpetersky/commute1.html

Very cool. Nice that the trail works for you.

It works for a lot of people. I have heard it is the most heavily trafficked
bicycle commute corridor in the state. This is amazing, considering how many
people use the Burke-Gilman -- but the BGT is also largely a recreational
route. The I-90 trail is too hilly for a lot of riders, and frankly,
crossing the lake is not that pleasant. So perhaps that is why it is
primarily a commuter route.

Also, really, it's the only way across the lake for bicycles. The only other
bridge is motor vehicles only. It connects the CBD with several populated
suburbs, with their own employment centers. Thus, it gets used by people
like me, who live in the 'burbs, and work downtown, but it also gets used by
Dane, who lives near downtown in an urban neighborhood, and works out in the
suburbs.

--
Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky

Home of the meditative cyclist:

New CD coming out this month! See: http://www.tiferet.net

"To forgive is to set the prisoner free and then discover the prisoner
was you."

Secure Bike Parking.? M. Barbee General 14 January 6th 04 02:00 AM
my new bike Marian Rosenberg General 5 October 19th 03 03:00 PM
I commute to work on my bike - no problem Luigi de Guzman General 3 September 28th 03 04:11 AM