Here's the new ride.....

Old October 11th 11, 06:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

Default Here's the new ride.....

On Mon, 10 Oct 2011 22:05:37 -0400, Harry Brogan
wrote:

Here's a few shots taken today as I picked up and took the new ride
home.......Take a look as I am still open for suggestions.....

Perhaps adding jet power assist?
http://www.google.com/search?q=jet+powered+bicycle&tbm=isch
One nice side effect is that nobody is going to be drafting behind
you, and it will certainly get the attention of automobile drivers.

Much of the rear rack is behind the rear wheel. If overloaded, the
weight distribution might cause the front wheel to lift off the
ground. Perhaps a caster or roller on the aft end, such as those used
by drag racers. Something like this:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/1e/WheelieBarKennyBernstein.jpg

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
Old October 11th 11, 06:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.tech
kolldata

wrote:
[...]

ride over to the Trek dealer, try one.
Old October 11th 11, 07:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.tech
Steve Freides[_2_]

Harry Brogan wrote:
Here's a few shots taken today as I picked up and took the new ride
home.......Take a look as I am still open for suggestions.....

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...e/DSC_0018.jpg

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...e/DSC_0021.jpg

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...e/DSC_0022.jpg

Another take on this, the Bilenky Cargo Bike:

http://www.bilenky.com/prod42.html

-S-

Old October 11th 11, 08:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 10:56:29 -0700 (PDT), kolldata
wrote:

ride over to the Trek dealer, try one.

Does Trek have an optional jet engine? I couldn't find anything on
their web page.

Old October 11th 11, 09:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_3_]

Lou Holtman wrote:
Op 11-10-2011 4:05, Harry Brogan schreef:
Here's a few shots taken today as I picked up and took the new ride
home.......Take a look as I am still open for suggestions.....

Congratulation. It is always nice to pick up a new bike. Ride the bike
for a while and you figure out yourself what is missing.

I agree, and I suggest really paying attention to any little detail or
annoyance, then making it better. I'm surprised at the friends I have
who don't bother to "customize" their bikes to suit their tastes.
Little things can help a lot!

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old October 11th 11, 10:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.tech
Harry Brogan[_7_]

On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 07:41:42 -0700 (PDT), RicodJour
wrote:

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...%20Bike/DSC_00...

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...%20Bike/DSC_00...

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...%20Bike/DSC_00...

Not for nothing, big guy, but I have a feeling the next photo in that
sequence is the two of you lying down naked in the grass sharing a
cigarette.

Your satisfaction is palpable. Nice bike. You suck!

Thanks for that!!!!! I waited a very LONG eight months for this one.
Not because it wasn't available, but for financial reasons.

And, go figure, I won't really be able to get out and ride for a
couple of days....damn weather. But I am sure that I'll be cranking
some serious miles on it VERY shortly!!!!!

The ride home from the bike shop was fantastic. Did about 20 initial
miles on it.

I am sure that I'll find some "quirks" and "bugs" that will need to be
worked out.

Overall, so far, it's a GREAT ride!!!!!
Old October 12th 11, 02:25 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.tech
Dan O

On Oct 11, 7:49 am, landotter wrote:
On Oct 10, 9:05 pm, Harry Brogan
wrote:

Here's a few shots taken today as I picked up and took the new ride
home.......Take a look as I am still open for suggestions.....

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...%20Bike/DSC_00...

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...%20Bike/DSC_00...

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...%20Bike/DSC_00...

It looks eminently rideable. Sweet!

I wouldn't change the saddle, bars, grips, or pedals unless they
bugged you. The stock setup is pretty nice. Maybe you'll want to dial
in the stem length. Ride it a while and find out. I like bars on
longtails that have one secure grip position with the controls at
hand, preferably wide--the stock Trek ones are as good as you'll
probably need.

Make some bungies for the front rack using road tubes with the valve
cut off and the ends knotted...

http://i52.tinypic.com/339r8mo.jpg

Not the most svelte solution, but it works, damps vibration (imperfect
rack mounts), and color matches the rack.

..., or spring for a cargo net. Also, clamp a
stem and passenger handlebars onto the post for when you go cruising
on Friday night. The headlight? If you have a front rack, you get
extra style points for mounting it under the left side. Tail light:
find a way to put it on the back of the rack in case you have a load
or a babe back there.

Old October 12th 11, 02:27 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.tech
kolldata

On Oct 11, 1:08*pm, Frank Krygowski
wrote:
Lou Holtman wrote:
Op 11-10-2011 4:05, Harry Brogan schreef:
Here's a few shots taken today as I picked up and took the new ride
home.......Take a look as I am still open for suggestions.....

Congratulation. It is always nice to pick up a new bike. Ride the bike
for a while and you figure out yourself what is missing.

I agree, and I suggest really paying attention to any little detail or
annoyance, then making it better. *I'm surprised at the friends I have
who don't bother to "customize" their bikes to suit their tastes.
Little things can help a lot!

--
- Frank Krygowski

yeah wanna hear abt my first custom cassette ?
babble babble babble.....whew..
like I'd won C sports at the runoffs
Old October 12th 11, 02:30 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.tech
kolldata

Default BROGAN'S NEW TREK TRANSPORT

On Oct 11, 9:19*am, kolldata wrote:
On Oct 11, 8:24*am, kolldata wrote:

On Oct 10, 9:46*pm, kolldata wrote:

LET'S *GET THIS STRAIGHT !

yes a headlamp ! before the bread truck runs Harry down as he tries
turning away

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...s_id=1a&xhr=t&...

take notes, articulate ! write a road test.

"after climbing Doone on Brandts Sag Wagon,, we loaded the beast with
150,pounds sand, headed down into the fog...."

wow kinda slow....HB's new frame a marquee post ! hmmmm maybe I could
buy something...
Old October 12th 11, 02:33 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.tech
kolldata

xmas gifts !

http://www.google.com/search?tbm=isc...451l3.5.2l10l0