Small wheeled unicycles

Old January 2nd 04, 09:30 AM
mmm...Uni

Default Small wheeled unicycles

I am interested in a Uni with a small wheel diameter. Whenever I am
home and have some idle time I I grab my 20" uni and just ride around
inside my house like an obstacle course. I find the 20" a little too
fast for this type of riding. I think that a smaller wheel will allow
me to negotiate my house with more agility. The smallest wheeled uni I
have found was a Sun 12". Does any one know of a uni with a wheel
diameter smaller? Aside from balance are there any major drawbacks to
such a small wheel? Does anyone else ride inside there house?
Thank You for your input.
-Gabe

--
mmm...Uni - Unicyclin' Unibrow Yeilding Amateur

-Will ride unicycle for food-
please, no pumpkin soup.
mmm...Uni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4950

Old January 2nd 04, 09:40 AM
jagur

mmm...Uni wrote:
*Aside from balance are there any major drawbacks to such a small
wheel?*

like cranks hitting the floor?

--
jagur - Random Unicyclist

-Forget_Your_Life-

Old January 2nd 04, 10:03 AM
daino149

Here's one:
http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=656

For that one you won't have the problem of cranks hitting the floor.

Daniel

--
daino149 - How's it going, Texas?

there ain't enough body armor in the country for me to try that. -- Ken
on the mtbr forum in reference to MUni

Old January 2nd 04, 10:25 AM
mmm...Uni

If this small wheeled uni (say the smallest i can get is 12") was
proportional to my 20" then i shouldn't have problems with the cranks
hitting the floor but the crank arm lengths woud be 2" that's short.

Old January 3rd 04, 11:57 AM
Klaas Bil

On Fri, 2 Jan 2004 02:30:32 -0600, mmm...Uni
m wrote:

Does any one know of a uni with a wheel
diameter smaller?

At the uni club where I used to go we had a uni with a wheel of about
6" diameter. It had proportionally short cranks but since the pedals
extend sideways you still couldn't turn tight corners. Fun to ride,
very high rpm's were easy.

I don't know where you can buy one. It was probably a one-off made by
Semcycle.

Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict
--
Today (3 January) is the first day this year that is neither the first day this year nor the first day this year that is not the first day this year.