Pictures of your bike(s)

Old September 25th 05, 08:54 AM
Jay Woo

Default Pictures of your bike(s)

dtmeister wrote:
Don't know about you, but I like seeing what others are riding.

Perfect timing. I just got back from a photo shoot with my recently
completed SS Project.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaywoo/46326864/

Old September 25th 05, 09:04 AM
Resound

"Jay Woo" wrote in message
ups.com...

dtmeister wrote:
Don't know about you, but I like seeing what others are riding.

Perfect timing. I just got back from a photo shoot with my recently
completed SS Project.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaywoo/46326864/

Nice, but why the tensioner?

Old September 25th 05, 09:14 AM
Jay Woo

Resound wrote:

Perfect timing. I just got back from a photo shoot with my recently
completed SS Project.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaywoo/46326864/

Nice, but why the tensioner?

It's my 1st SS, and I want the flexibility at the moment to change
ratios. Maybe if and when I find a ratio that suits me and the riding I
do on it, I'll ditch it.

Old September 25th 05, 11:56 PM
flyingdutch

Jay Woo Wrote:
dtmeister wrote:
Don't know about you, but I like seeing what others are riding.

Perfect timing. I just got back from a photo shoot with my recently
completed SS Project.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaywoo/46326864/

coolio!

eggbeaters too. welcome to enlightenment!!!

--
flyingdutch

Old September 26th 05, 02:21 AM
Jay Woo

flyingdutch wrote:

eggbeaters too. welcome to enlightenment!!!

--
flyingdutch

Yeah, I've got MAJOR left patella tracking issues at the moment. So I'm
trying anything & everything to get back up to speed. I got my shiny
new R2.5 frameset on Friday. It's is waiting to be ridden like a hot
lass on heat up hills for trucks sake!! :MAD: (well I have to build it
up yet... But that's not the point!:P)

Old September 26th 05, 04:06 AM
eddiec

ooh. gratuitous pic opportunities..

Can't let this slip without including the new pride & joy I've added to
the stable:
(http://groups.msn.com/gumbercules197...oto&PhotoID=15)
- The completed hard-rubbish-resurrected ss townie, cobbled together
from the remains of about 4 nature-strip outcasts. Took its first
shop-run yesterday for tofu and spring onions, and I was very pleased
with how its come together, not to mention delighted at my first taste
of ss since childhood. Something remarkably 'freeing' about it all...

Also couldn't resist not including the picture of my new 'apprentice'.
Good to get them paying their way early!
http://groups.msn.com/gumbercules197...oto&PhotoID=16
(Also provides a sneak peek of the 'angry-ram' daily commuter, which is
what you'll see me on most days)

--
eddiec

Old September 26th 05, 07:42 AM
Andrew Blake

I'll see your Raleigh and raise it with mine.

I've posted it before, but may as well include it in this thread
http://www.flickr.com/photos/8594220...n/photostream/

What was going to be a simple 'buy a cheap quando hub from Dutchy, lace it
to the original rim and call it done' turned into 'replace everything except
the frame/fork, headset, bars & brake, with new/ebay parts, learn how to
build wheels and (most importantly) ride it exclusively, neglecting bikes
with such frivolous things as derailleurs, gears and freewheels'

450km on it so far and I feel no desire to ride geared/unfixed anymore. Have
just geared up from 70 to 74" (42-16 to 44-16) and can still get up the
hills I have to and there's a 46t waiting in the wings. Set a new top
speed/cadence yesterday too, 54km/hr at 154rpm on a false flat, my pedals
were eggbeaters in more ways than one.

After my first wheelbuilding success I'm now going to relace the original
front rim/hub with new spokes so I have a spare wheel that also matches the
brake reach nicely. It's amazing what some time spent with progressively
finer silicon carbide paper and metal polish can do for 31 year old alloy
rims and hubs, they look like they're chromed now.

Andrew.

"eddiec" wrote in message

ooh. gratuitous pic opportunities..

Can't let this slip without including the new pride & joy I've added to
the stable:
(http://groups.msn.com/gumbercules197...oto&PhotoID=15)
- The completed hard-rubbish-resurrected ss townie, cobbled together
from the remains of about 4 nature-strip outcasts. Took its first
shop-run yesterday for tofu and spring onions, and I was very pleased
with how its come together, not to mention delighted at my first taste
of ss since childhood. Something remarkably 'freeing' about it all...

eddiec

Interbike Qui si parla Campagnolo Techniques 128 October 12th 05 01:40 AM
restore or scavenge...? C.J.Patten Techniques 25 July 22nd 05 09:03 PM
Bikes in Parades? Jeff Potter General 3 October 11th 04 12:21 AM
"Road" bikes Chris Zacho The Wheelman Techniques 8 April 5th 04 10:37 PM
Need pictures of dorky bikes Phil, Squid-in-Training Mountain Biking 56 August 3rd 03 03:26 PM