FLASH: Simoni stronger than 2006

Old May 9th 07, 12:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Default FLASH: Simoni stronger than 2006

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?...ay07/may09news

but that won't stop Cunego from spanking his arse again I'm afraid.
Poor Gibo, he'll never leave the shadow of that stage up to Bormio
2000 ...

http://www.gazzetta.it/Speciali/Giro...280504_2.shtml

Old May 9th 07, 02:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred Fredburger

wrote:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?...ay07/may09news

but that won't stop Cunego from spanking his arse again I'm afraid.
Poor Gibo, he'll never leave the shadow of that stage up to Bormio
2000 ...

http://www.gazzetta.it/Speciali/Giro...280504_2.shtml

You had me worried for a second with the "2000" thing. I know time's
been slipping away but it didn't seem THAT long ago.

I only regret that I can't do sarcasm up to the lofty standards set by
benjo in the "only attempted doping" thread.
Old May 9th 07, 04:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

but that won't stop Cunego from spanking his arse again I'm afraid.
Poor Gibo,

Simoni has finished several minutes ahead of Cunego in both of the
Giros since then.

Old May 9th 07, 06:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Andre

On May 9, 11:03 am, wrote:
but that won't stop Cunego from spanking his arse again I'm afraid.
Poor Gibo,

Simoni has finished several minutes ahead of Cunego in both of the
Giros since then.

Stronger? umm, how did he attempt that?

Andre

Old May 9th 07, 08:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Stronger? umm, how did he attempt that?

Andre

Well since Simoni has remained relatively the same, the more
appropriate question might be what did Cunego attempt in 2004? In
2005 he was way back in the field 20-some minutes down.

Old May 9th 07, 08:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro

wscott wrote:
Well since Simoni has remained relatively the same, the more
appropriate question might be what did Cunego attempt in 2004? In
2005 he was way back in the field 20-some minutes down.

Didn't he have glandular fever that year ?

Old May 10th 07, 02:58 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On May 9, 3:54 pm, Donald Munro wrote:
wscott wrote:
Well since Simoni has remained relatively the same, the more
appropriate question might be what did Cunego attempt in 2004? In
2005 he was way back in the field 20-some minutes down.

Didn't he have glandular fever that year ?

Indeed, it was something like that (mononucleosis maybe?). He was
still recovering and building strength in early 2006, then he came
good in the TdF, where he grabbed the white jersey and had some good
rides in the mountains. I'm picking him for the Giro ... that's
official btw.

also, the next time I read cyclingnews.com refer to him as "il picollo
principe", I'm cancelling my subscription.

Old May 10th 07, 03:07 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Carl Sundquist

oups.com...
wscott wrote:
Well since Simoni has remained relatively the same, the more
appropriate question might be what did Cunego attempt in 2004? In
2005 he was way back in the field 20-some minutes down.

Didn't he have glandular fever that year ?

Indeed, it was something like that (mononucleosis maybe?). He was
still recovering and building strength in early 2006, then he came
good in the TdF, where he grabbed the white jersey and had some good
rides in the mountains. I'm picking him for the Giro ... that's
official btw.

Glandular fever and mononucleosis are the same thing.

Old May 10th 07, 04:35 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
steephill

also, the next time I read cyclingnews.com refer to him as "il picollo
principe", I'm cancelling my subscription.

My italian isn't very good? What does 'picollo' mean? Did you mean "il
poco principe"... the little prince?

Steve
www.steephill.tv bike travelogue

Old May 10th 07, 08:27 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ewoud Dronkert

On 9 May 2007 20:35:21 -0700, steephill wrote:
My italian isn't very good? What does 'picollo' mean? Did you mean "il
poco principe"... the little prince?

Poco is little/not much, piccolo means little/small. So yes, The
Little Prince (to Simoni's King, for his diminutive stature and of
course in its own right like the character by De Saint-Exupéry).

--
E. Dronkert