A Cycling & bikes forum. CycleBanter.com

Go Back   Home » CycleBanter.com forum » Regional Cycling » UK
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Cyclist in accident drives off



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old August 17th 08, 06:32 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Marc[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,589
Default Cyclist in accident drives off

Brian Robertson wrote:
"Marc" wrote in message
...
HarryHill wrote:
‘There may be serious consequences if a cyclist hits a child’

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wa...1466-21415408/
CALLS have been made for the widening of a pedestrian and cycle path
after a dog was hit by a bicycle.

Anne-Marie Wilkins, 37, from Llandaff North, is starting a petition
calling for the Taff Trail to be widened through Hailey Park after her
dog Bonny was run over by a cyclist, who then immediately rode off.

My money is on the little turd dispenser either being on a 35ft extendable
lead or not being on one at all.


God, no wonder other people hate cyclists if that is a common attitude!

Brian.


Why should people hate cyclists because of out of control turd dispensers?
Would less people hate cyclists if there were more leads used, properly?
Ads
  #22  
Old August 17th 08, 06:37 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
judith
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,961
Default Cyclist in accident drives off

On Sun, 17 Aug 2008 18:09:55 +0100, Marc
wrote:

Peter Grange wrote:
On Sun, 17 Aug 2008 17:52:07 +0100, nully wrote:

Marc wrote:
HarryHill wrote:
‘There may be serious consequences if a cyclist hits a child’

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wa...1466-21415408/



CALLS have been made for the widening of a pedestrian and cycle path
after a dog was hit by a bicycle.

Anne-Marie Wilkins, 37, from Llandaff North, is starting a petition
calling for the Taff Trail to be widened through Hailey Park after her
dog Bonny was run over by a cyclist, who then immediately rode off.

My money is on the little turd dispenser either being on a 35ft
extendable lead or not being on one at all.
Which gives the cyclist the right to simply ride off and ignore the
incident then? Cycles should be required to carry reg plates to avoid
cowardly behaviour such as this. Be nice to see some posters condemn the
cyclist leaving the scene *irrespective of fault*, but I guess I'm
asking for too much there - after all, cyclists are beyond fault, right?


Out of common courtesy the cyclist should have stopped, IMO. Please
don't extend the act of one person to "all cyclists are beyond fault,
right?".


Stopped to be bitten?
Stopped to be attacked by the "aggrieved" owner?

Loose turd dispenser,
Loose turd dispenser is scared but unhurt by cyclist
Loose turd dispenser learns lesson
Turd dispenser's owner doesn't learn lesson and starts a petition to
spend £100,000s rather than her buying a lead

What possible help would it have been for the cyclist to have stopped?



Excellent - when I first saw the OP - I knew that there would be one
of the resident ****wits along soon with that sort of question.




--
I believe the driver is also responsible for the use of seat belts of
passengers. (Guy Chapman)

  #23  
Old August 17th 08, 06:39 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
judith
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,961
Default Cyclist in accident drives off

On Sun, 17 Aug 2008 10:31:17 -0700 (PDT), Squashme
wrote:

On 17 Aug, 18:16, Peter Grange wrote:
On Sun, 17 Aug 2008 18:09:55 +0100, Marc



wrote:
Peter Grange wrote:
On Sun, 17 Aug 2008 17:52:07 +0100, nully wrote:


Marc wrote:
HarryHill wrote:
‘There may be serious consequences if a cyclist hits a child’


http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wa.../there-may-be-...


CALLS have been made for the widening of a pedestrian and cycle path
after a dog was hit by a bicycle.


Anne-Marie Wilkins, 37, from Llandaff North, is starting a petition
calling for the Taff Trail to be widened through Hailey Park after her
dog Bonny was run over by a cyclist, who then immediately rode off.


My money is on the little turd dispenser either being on a 35ft
extendable lead or not being on one at all.
Which gives the cyclist the right to simply ride off and ignore the
incident then? Cycles should be required to carry reg plates to avoid
cowardly behaviour such as this. Be nice to see some posters condemn the
cyclist leaving the scene *irrespective of fault*, but I guess I'm
asking for too much there - after all, cyclists are beyond fault, right?


Out of common courtesy the cyclist should have stopped, IMO. Please
don't extend the act of one person to "all cyclists are beyond fault,
right?".


Stopped to be bitten?
Stopped to be attacked by the "aggrieved" owner?


Loose turd dispenser,
Loose turd dispenser is scared but unhurt by cyclist
Loose turd dispenser learns lesson
Turd dispenser's owner doesn't learn lesson and starts a petition to
spend £100,000s rather than her buying a lead


What possible help would it have been for the cyclist to have stopped?


Common courtesy, as I said. If it turns nasty, then you can outrun
both the stupid dog and the equally stupid owner :-)

I have little sympathy though for the owner. In my experience of
getting on for 50 years of cycling, dogs on a shared path are a
menace. "Under Control" seems to mean something completely different
to many dog walkers than it does to me.


"Shared path" seems to be a pretty stupid concept. Like riding on
pavements.



You are right - not just a stupid concept - I believe that in general
riding on pavements is illegal.



--
I believe the driver is also responsible for the use of seat belts of
passengers. (Guy Chapman)

  #24  
Old August 17th 08, 06:41 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
nully[_3_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 142
Default Cyclist in accident drives off

Marc wrote:
nully wrote:
Marc wrote:
Peter Grange wrote:
On Sun, 17 Aug 2008 17:52:07 +0100, nully wrote:

Marc wrote:
HarryHill wrote:
‘There may be serious consequences if a cyclist hits a child’

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wa...1466-21415408/



CALLS have been made for the widening of a pedestrian and cycle
path after a dog was hit by a bicycle.

Anne-Marie Wilkins, 37, from Llandaff North, is starting a
petition calling for the Taff Trail to be widened through Hailey
Park after her dog Bonny was run over by a cyclist, who then
immediately rode off.

My money is on the little turd dispenser either being on a 35ft
extendable lead or not being on one at all.
Which gives the cyclist the right to simply ride off and ignore the
incident then? Cycles should be required to carry reg plates to
avoid cowardly behaviour such as this. Be nice to see some posters
condemn the cyclist leaving the scene *irrespective of fault*, but
I guess I'm asking for too much there - after all, cyclists are
beyond fault, right?

Out of common courtesy the cyclist should have stopped, IMO. Please
don't extend the act of one person to "all cyclists are beyond fault,
right?".

Stopped to be bitten?
Stopped to be attacked by the "aggrieved" owner?

Loose turd dispenser,
Loose turd dispenser is scared but unhurt by cyclist
Loose turd dispenser learns lesson
Turd dispenser's owner doesn't learn lesson and starts a petition to
spend £100,000s rather than her buying a lead

What possible help would it have been for the cyclist to have stopped?


Do me a favour, Marc. Please cycle into *my* dog and ride off. Or
rather, attempt to.


I find it much funnier to use the airzound.

Hmmmm, deliberate and intentional attempt to frighten and harrass
legitimate path user? Fine, have a go. I'm reasonably confident my dog
will 'intimidate' you rather more than you intimidate it )

When that happened
The turd dispenser:-
Levitated 18 inches
Rotated 90 degrees anticlockwise , whilst still in the air.
Started running at exactly the same speed I was cycling, in the
direction I was cycling.
Leaving behind it's owner calling "Doggikins" in a forlorn manner.
Looked over it's shoulder every 20 seconds to see me still there.
2 miles later it dashed for the bushes.

With a bit of luck the owner might have learnt that when it was taking
its dog out for a walk ( Dog owner speak for " taking the dog to ****
somewhere that isn't my patch") It might be a good idea to put it on a
lead.
With even more luck the turd dispenser got lost forever, died and the
owner got put off buying another one.


What a delightful piece of vermin you are. C'mon, cycle round here. The
dog needs feeding anyway.
  #25  
Old August 17th 08, 06:42 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
nully[_3_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 142
Default Cyclist in accident drives off

Peter Grange wrote:
On Sun, 17 Aug 2008 18:19:03 +0100, nully wrote:

Peter Grange wrote:
On Sun, 17 Aug 2008 17:52:07 +0100, nully wrote:

Marc wrote:
HarryHill wrote:
‘There may be serious consequences if a cyclist hits a child’

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wa...1466-21415408/



CALLS have been made for the widening of a pedestrian and cycle path
after a dog was hit by a bicycle.

Anne-Marie Wilkins, 37, from Llandaff North, is starting a petition
calling for the Taff Trail to be widened through Hailey Park after her
dog Bonny was run over by a cyclist, who then immediately rode off.

My money is on the little turd dispenser either being on a 35ft
extendable lead or not being on one at all.
Which gives the cyclist the right to simply ride off and ignore the
incident then? Cycles should be required to carry reg plates to avoid
cowardly behaviour such as this. Be nice to see some posters condemn the
cyclist leaving the scene *irrespective of fault*, but I guess I'm
asking for too much there - after all, cyclists are beyond fault, right?
Out of common courtesy the cyclist should have stopped, IMO. Please
don't extend the act of one person to "all cyclists are beyond fault,
right?".

Thank you for showing that the callous lawbreakers are not the
*complete* population of this group.


Is it against the law to collide with a dog on a shared path and ride
off?


Dont know, sorry. I *do* know its an offence for a *car* to collide with
a dog and not report it.
  #26  
Old August 17th 08, 06:42 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Marc[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,589
Default Cyclist in accident drives off

judith wrote:



Excellent - when I first saw the OP - I knew that there would be one
of the resident ****wits along soon with that sort of question.



Yes, but you, like your mate, are a troll. What trolls believe , know,
think or say isn't important.
  #27  
Old August 17th 08, 06:43 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
aquachimp
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 90
Default Cyclist in accident drives off

On Aug 17, 6:27*pm, HarryHill wrote:
‘There may be serious consequences if a cyclist hits a child’

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wa.../there-may-be-...

CALLS have been made for the widening of a pedestrian and cycle path
after a dog was hit by a bicycle.

Anne-Marie Wilkins, 37, from Llandaff North, is starting a petition
calling for the Taff Trail to be widened through Hailey Park after her
dog Bonny was run over by a cyclist, who then immediately rode off.


A curious segment from that article;
"In May, Friends of Hailey Park and sustainable transport charity
Sustrans supported a bike safety event at the park, encouraging
cyclists to respect other path-users"

I note it's not, Cyclists of Hailey Park and sustainable transport
charity Sustrans supported a bike safety event at the park,
encouraging dog owners and childminders to respect path-users.

It takes a lot of abuse to get people up of their collective ass and
engage in such a protest. Those cyclists must be a right bunch of
arseholes and little wonder given how in here they selfishness is
defended tooth and nail at every hands turn.
  #28  
Old August 17th 08, 06:43 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Squashme
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 4,146
Default Cyclist in accident drives off

On 17 Aug, 18:39, judith wrote:
On Sun, 17 Aug 2008 10:31:17 -0700 (PDT), Squashme



wrote:
On 17 Aug, 18:16, Peter Grange wrote:
On Sun, 17 Aug 2008 18:09:55 +0100, Marc


wrote:
Peter Grange wrote:
On Sun, 17 Aug 2008 17:52:07 +0100, nully wrote:


Marc wrote:
HarryHill wrote:
‘There may be serious consequences if a cyclist hits a child’


http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wa.../there-may-be-...


CALLS have been made for the widening of a pedestrian and cycle path
after a dog was hit by a bicycle.


Anne-Marie Wilkins, 37, from Llandaff North, is starting a petition
calling for the Taff Trail to be widened through Hailey Park after her
dog Bonny was run over by a cyclist, who then immediately rode off.


My money is on the little turd dispenser either being on a 35ft
extendable lead or not being on one at all.
Which gives the cyclist the right to simply ride off and ignore the
incident then? Cycles should be required to carry reg plates to avoid
cowardly behaviour such as this. Be nice to see some posters condemn the
cyclist leaving the scene *irrespective of fault*, but I guess I'm
asking for too much there - after all, cyclists are beyond fault, right?


Out of common courtesy the cyclist should have stopped, IMO. Please
don't extend the act of one person to "all cyclists are beyond fault,
right?".


Stopped to be bitten?
Stopped to be attacked by the "aggrieved" owner?


Loose turd dispenser,
Loose turd dispenser is scared but unhurt by cyclist
Loose turd dispenser learns lesson
Turd dispenser's owner doesn't learn lesson and starts a petition to
spend £100,000s rather than her buying a lead


What possible help would it have been for the cyclist to have stopped?


Common courtesy, as I said. If it turns nasty, then you can outrun
both the stupid dog and the equally stupid owner :-)


I have little sympathy though for the owner. In my experience of
getting on for 50 years of cycling, dogs on a shared path are a
menace. "Under Control" seems to mean something completely different
to many dog walkers than it does to me.


"Shared path" seems to be a pretty stupid concept. Like riding on
pavements.


You are right - not just a stupid concept - I believe that in general
riding on pavements is illegal.


Really, well why didn't you say so before? People could be killed.

  #29  
Old August 17th 08, 06:44 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
nully[_3_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 142
Default Cyclist in accident drives off

Marc wrote:
Brian Robertson wrote:
"Marc" wrote in message
...
HarryHill wrote:
‘There may be serious consequences if a cyclist hits a child’

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wa...1466-21415408/
CALLS have been made for the widening of a pedestrian and cycle path
after a dog was hit by a bicycle.

Anne-Marie Wilkins, 37, from Llandaff North, is starting a petition
calling for the Taff Trail to be widened through Hailey Park after
her dog Bonny was run over by a cyclist, who then immediately rode off.

My money is on the little turd dispenser either being on a 35ft
extendable lead or not being on one at all.


God, no wonder other people hate cyclists if that is a common attitude!

Brian.

Why should people hate cyclists because of out of control turd dispensers?
Would less people hate cyclists if there were more leads used, properly?


Anyone have a means of contacting Ms Wilkins? I'd like to send her a
walking stick and some advice about shoving it in the wheel spokes of
dangerous, aggressive, and malicious cyclists like yourself and the
person she recently met. I'm told it meets with the most *spectacular*
results!
  #30  
Old August 17th 08, 06:46 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Marc[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,589
Default Cyclist in accident drives off

nully wrote:
Marc wrote:
nully wrote:
Marc wrote:
Peter Grange wrote:
On Sun, 17 Aug 2008 17:52:07 +0100, nully wrote:

Marc wrote:
HarryHill wrote:
‘There may be serious consequences if a cyclist hits a child’

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wa...1466-21415408/



CALLS have been made for the widening of a pedestrian and cycle
path after a dog was hit by a bicycle.

Anne-Marie Wilkins, 37, from Llandaff North, is starting a
petition calling for the Taff Trail to be widened through Hailey
Park after her dog Bonny was run over by a cyclist, who then
immediately rode off.

My money is on the little turd dispenser either being on a 35ft
extendable lead or not being on one at all.
Which gives the cyclist the right to simply ride off and ignore
the incident then? Cycles should be required to carry reg plates
to avoid cowardly behaviour such as this. Be nice to see some
posters condemn the cyclist leaving the scene *irrespective of
fault*, but I guess I'm asking for too much there - after all,
cyclists are beyond fault, right?

Out of common courtesy the cyclist should have stopped, IMO. Please
don't extend the act of one person to "all cyclists are beyond fault,
right?".

Stopped to be bitten?
Stopped to be attacked by the "aggrieved" owner?

Loose turd dispenser,
Loose turd dispenser is scared but unhurt by cyclist
Loose turd dispenser learns lesson
Turd dispenser's owner doesn't learn lesson and starts a petition to
spend £100,000s rather than her buying a lead

What possible help would it have been for the cyclist to have stopped?

Do me a favour, Marc. Please cycle into *my* dog and ride off. Or
rather, attempt to.


I find it much funnier to use the airzound.

Hmmmm, deliberate and intentional attempt to frighten and harrass
legitimate path user?


No, an attempt to stop the little turd rat running between my wheel and
bottom bracket, hurting both of us.

Fine, have a go. I'm reasonably confident my dog
will 'intimidate' you rather more than you intimidate it )


Whilst it's on a lead? How could it do so?

When that happened
The turd dispenser:-
Levitated 18 inches
Rotated 90 degrees anticlockwise , whilst still in the air.
Started running at exactly the same speed I was cycling, in the
direction I was cycling.
Leaving behind it's owner calling "Doggikins" in a forlorn manner.
Looked over it's shoulder every 20 seconds to see me still there.
2 miles later it dashed for the bushes.

With a bit of luck the owner might have learnt that when it was taking
its dog out for a walk ( Dog owner speak for " taking the dog to ****
somewhere that isn't my patch") It might be a good idea to put it on a
lead.
With even more luck the turd dispenser got lost forever, died and the
owner got put off buying another one.


What a delightful piece of vermin you are. C'mon, cycle round here. The
dog needs feeding anyway.

You really don't understand your place in things do you?


You are here to have the **** extracted out of you and to see whether
it's possible to see spittle via text, it's your only function(s).
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Who needs hub drives? [email protected] Techniques 1 February 3rd 08 05:05 AM
Saw-tooth drives [email protected] Techniques 2 January 30th 08 07:37 PM
Cyclist accident insurance sss Australia 15 July 15th 05 08:16 AM
Cyclist in accident this morning Claude Australia 12 June 16th 05 01:18 PM
Cyclist killed in freak accident.... Adrian Boliston UK 24 August 21st 03 11:00 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2004-2018 CycleBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.