Vuelta-a-Espana stage 4 summary

Old August 29th 06, 09:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bob Martin

Default Vuelta-a-Espana stage 4 summary

Changes in stage 4 compared to stage 3

Biggest gainers by position :
+28 Jean-Patrick Nazon
+19 Erik Zabel
+4 Steve Morabito
+4 Mathieu Claude
+4 Kevin Van Impe
+4 Frédéric Bessy
+4 David George
+4 David Arroyo
+4 Björn Leukemans
+4 Alessandro Petacchi

Biggest losers by position :
-24 Raúl García De Mateo
-24 Wim De Vocht
-7 Alberto Ongarato
-5 Volodymyr Dyudya
-4 Sébastien Rosseler
-3 Mark Renshaw
-3 Miguel A. Martín Perdiguero
-2 Andrea Moletta
-2 André Korff
-2 Anthony Geslin
-2 Charles Wegelius

Biggest gainers by time :

Biggest losers by time :
-6:02 Anthony Charteau
-6:02 Cyril Lemoine
-4:20 Raúl García De Mateo
-3:39 Mads Kaggestad
-3:23 Wim De Vocht
-1:35 Alberto Ongarato
-1:14 Volodymyr Dyudya
-0:20 Aaron Kemps
-0:20 Addy Engels
-0:20 Aketza Peña
-0:20 Alberto Benítez

Favourites by position :
+2 Davide Rebellin
+1 Pietro Caucchioli
+1 Iban Mayo
+1 Dario David Cioni
+1 Daniele Nardello
-1 Vladimir Karpets
-1 Vladimir Gusev
-1 Markus Fothen
-1 Iñigo Cuesta
-1 Fabian Cancellara
-1 Danilo Di Luca
-1 Carlos Sastre
-1 Alejandro Valverde

Favourites by time :
-0:20 Vladimir Karpets
-0:20 Vladimir Gusev
-0:20 Samuel Sánchez
-0:20 Pietro Caucchioli
-0:20 Oscar Pereiro
-0:20 Michael Rasmussen
-0:20 Michael Boogerd
-0:20 Markus Fothen
-0:20 Manuel Beltran
-0:20 Leonardo Piepoli
-0:20 Iñigo Cuesta
-0:20 Iban Mayo
-0:20 Haimar Zubeldia
-0:20 Fabian Cancellara
-0:20 Denis Menchov
-0:20 Davide Rebellin
-0:20 Dario David Cioni
-0:20 Danilo Di Luca
-0:20 Daniele Nardello
-0:20 Carlos Sastre
-0:20 Andrey Kashechkin
-0:20 Alexandre Vinokourov
-0:20 Alejandro Valverde

Top 3 and favourites standings :
1 Thor Hushovd 13.34.59
2 Erik Zabel 0.27
3 Stuart O'Grady 0.27
10 Carlos Sastre 0.39
12 Iñigo Cuesta 0.39
14 Fabian Cancellara 0.43
17 Oscar Pereiro 0.46
19 Alejandro Valverde 0.46
20 Vladimir Karpets 0.46
31 Vladimir Gusev 0.48
32 Manuel Beltran 0.48
42 Daniele Nardello 0.50
47 Alexandre Vinokourov 0.51
49 Andrey Kashechkin 0.51
55 Dario David Cioni 0.52
59 Pietro Caucchioli 0.52
60 Danilo Di Luca 0.52
65 Leonardo Piepoli 0.52
80 Samuel Sánchez 0.57
81 Haimar Zubeldia 0.57
83 Denis Menchov 0.57
85 Iban Mayo 0.57
87 Michael Boogerd 0.57
91 Michael Rasmussen 0.57
96 Markus Fothen 0.58
176 Davide Rebellin 3.29

Retirements to date :
Total retirements : 0

Old August 29th 06, 09:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bob Martin

in 525172 20060829 211547 Bob Martin wrote:

Changes in stage 4 compared to stage 3

Sorry about the errors, but CN put up "Full Results" which weren't.
Even now it shows only 182 finishers to today's stage, but 189 in GC.
Old August 30th 06, 07:54 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
sonarrat

Bob Martin wrote:
in 525172 20060829 211547 Bob Martin wrote:

Changes in stage 4 compared to stage 3

Sorry about the errors, but CN put up "Full Results" which weren't.
Even now it shows only 182 finishers to today's stage, but 189 in GC.

Gotcha. It seemed strange that Garcia de Mateo would be perky and
cheerful in a TVE interview if he had, in fact, abandoned.

I understand why you would have made this mistake - I've noticed that a
lot of results from Spanish races just list the finishers without making
any mention of the retirements or disqualifications. For the Vuelta,
though, CN at least has always listed the non-finishers with an
appropriate code describing why they're no longer in the race.
Old August 30th 06, 08:57 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bob Martin

in 525229 20060830 075408 Sonarrat wrote:
Bob Martin wrote:
in 525172 20060829 211547 Bob Martin wrote:

Changes in stage 4 compared to stage 3

Sorry about the errors, but CN put up "Full Results" which weren't.
Even now it shows only 182 finishers to today's stage, but 189 in GC.

Gotcha. It seemed strange that Garcia de Mateo would be perky and
cheerful in a TVE interview if he had, in fact, abandoned.

I understand why you would have made this mistake - I've noticed that a
lot of results from Spanish races just list the finishers without making
any mention of the retirements or disqualifications. For the Vuelta,
though, CN at least has always listed the non-finishers with an
appropriate code describing why they're no longer in the race.

The Spanish do seem to be worse than anyone else - I nearly gave up
on the Tour de Pays-Basque as dozens of riders were disappearing and
re-appearing.