lunatics or heroes?

Old June 17th 08, 01:29 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Zebee Johnstone

Default lunatics or heroes?

http://www.kaisercycling.com/

Race Across America on fixies.

3000 miles. Including some of that up and down stuff. Well rather a
lot of up and down, a total of 100,000 feet of climbing.

Me, I put them square in the "lunatic" camp.

Zebee
Old June 17th 08, 10:59 PM posted to aus.bicycle
John Tserkezis

Zebee Johnstone wrote:

http://www.kaisercycling.com/
Race Across America on fixies.
3000 miles. Including some of that up and down stuff. Well rather a
lot of up and down, a total of 100,000 feet of climbing.

Me, I put them square in the "lunatic" camp.

What makes a hero? And does lunacy have any part?

The dictionary definition of hero says "courageous" and "noble". Too stupid
to know something is dangerous, and too stupid to take a bow at the end. If
you live through it of course.
Lunacy certainly plays a part in that. :-)

While lunacy might be a prerequisite, it doesn't automatically lead to heroism.

You can't be a hero without being a lunatic.
But you COULD be a lunatic without ever being a hero.

You need to do something stupid first.
--
Linux Registered User # 302622
http://counter.li.org
Old June 17th 08, 11:34 PM posted to aus.bicycle
BT Humble

Zebee Johnstone wrote:
http://www.kaisercycling.com/

Race Across America on fixies.

3000 miles. Including some of that up and down stuff. Well rather a
lot of up and down, a total of 100,000 feet of climbing.

Me, I put them square in the "lunatic" camp.

I'd say a little from coulmn "A", and a little from column "B".

BTH
Old June 18th 08, 03:38 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Fractal

"BT Humble" wrote in message
Zebee Johnstone wrote:
http://www.kaisercycling.com/

Race Across America on fixies.

3000 miles. Including some of that up and down stuff. Well rather a
lot of up and down, a total of 100,000 feet of climbing.

Itud be a level playing field apart from those hills.

Westward II: Heroes of the Frontier le123du Techniques 0 April 18th 08 12:27 PM
Westward II: Heroes of the Frontier [email protected] General 0 April 18th 08 09:21 AM
No More Heroes - by Jeff Jones GoneBeforeMyTime Racing 15 November 29th 07 03:51 AM
Cycling Heroes Roger Thorpe UK 2 August 9th 06 04:34 PM
Unsung heroes Cliff UK 5 November 4th 05 11:58 PM