Walmart Mongoose XR-200

Old May 27th 04, 03:48 PM
Dave

Default Walmart Mongoose XR-200

If you own one let's compare notes...

Old May 27th 04, 04:54 PM
G.T.

"Dave" wrote in message
m...
If you own one let's compare notes...

Cool! I love mine!

Old May 27th 04, 08:07 PM
supabonbon

(Dave) wrote in message om...
If you own one let's compare notes...

Gotta say, I like your spirit. Careful trying to get that fork
pointing in the right direction
/s
Old May 27th 04, 09:06 PM
Xtc

"Dave" wrote in message
m...
If you own one let's compare notes...

Thats one group I'm glad I don't belong to. lol

Old May 27th 04, 09:09 PM
Ride-A-Lot

Xtc wrote:
"Dave" wrote in message
m...
If you own one let's compare notes...

Thats one group I'm glad I don't belong to. lol

I wonder what the life expectancy of that group is. What percentage of
members are speared through the heart by a busted top tube?

Old May 27th 04, 09:19 PM
James Calivar

"Ride-A-Lot" wrote in message

Xtc wrote:
"Dave" wrote in message
m...
If you own one let's compare notes...

Thats one group I'm glad I don't belong to. lol

I wonder what the life expectancy of that group is. What percentage of
members are speared through the heart by a busted top tube?

What percentage of people who actually buy those bikes are sophisticated
enough to use Yahoo groups?

Old May 27th 04, 09:23 PM
David Kerber

In article , Sir.Ride-a-
says...

Xtc wrote:
"Dave" wrote in message
m...
If you own one let's compare notes...

Thats one group I'm glad I don't belong to. lol

I wonder what the life expectancy of that group is. What percentage of
members are speared through the heart by a busted top tube?

Are you kidding? Those things are built like tanks. Unless they have a
rear susp, the frames are practically unbreakable. Now a head injury
from a thrown derailleur might be another matter GGG.

newsgroups if possible).
Old May 27th 04, 09:47 PM
kantspel

David Kerber wrote:

In article , Sir.Ride-a-
says...

Xtc wrote:

"Dave" wrote in message
.com...

If you own one let's compare notes...

Thats one group I'm glad I don't belong to. lol

I wonder what the life expectancy of that group is. What percentage of
members are speared through the heart by a busted top tube?

Are you kidding? Those things are built like tanks. Unless they have a
rear susp, the frames are practically unbreakable. Now a head injury
from a thrown derailleur might be another matter GGG.

Oh, they break. They may have a lot of metal but it's cheap material and
they don't appear to actually be engineered.
Old May 27th 04, 10:36 PM
Rick Onanian

On Thu, 27 May 2004 16:23:11 -0400, David Kerber
wrote:
Are you kidding? Those things are built like tanks. Unless they have a
rear susp, the frames are practically unbreakable. Now a head injury
from a thrown derailleur might be another matter GGG.

As we know from a recent thread on rec.bicycles.misc (or was it
..tech?), the forks on those bikes may be questionable; so one would
get speared through the heart with the stem.

A recent post included a link to a graphic demonstrating the type of
wear that showed up very quickly on one Walgoose, as a bearing in
the rear suspension pivot near the BB was crapped and the whole bike
flexed sideways easily.

Finally, on rec.bicycles.tech, Carl Fogel has been posting a journal
of his experiment with a Roadmaster Fury (which he calls a "Fury
Roadmaster"), which makes a Walgoose look like an expensive,
high-quality bike.

Oh, one other item of interest: I picked up a discarded Walgoose FS
partial bike; frame, front wheel, left grip shifter, right grip
shifter missing most of it's parts (including the grip part), rear
wheel missing, both brakes there (rear brake with Kool Stop salmon
pads), brake levers disassembled (clamps left on bike, actual levers
MIA), crank left on but chainrings removed, miscellaneous other
stuff removed.

I guess I'll throw it together with the parts on another rescue,
either a cheezy hybrid (I've got two now) or a Huffy faux-FS. Then,
I'll get to try the FS Walgoose experience.

I ignored about 5 other discarded bikes at the same house, as I just
haven't got a place to put them, and the looked both awful and
nearly useless. Maybe somebody else has rescued them and put them to
use.

Why is this thread on r.b.marketplace anyway?
--
Rick Onanian
Old May 27th 04, 10:55 PM
G.T.

David Kerber wrote:
In article , Sir.Ride-a-
says...

Xtc wrote:

"Dave" wrote in message
.com...

If you own one let's compare notes...

Thats one group I'm glad I don't belong to. lol

I wonder what the life expectancy of that group is. What percentage of
members are speared through the heart by a busted top tube?

Are you kidding? Those things are built like tanks. Unless they have a
rear susp, the frames are practically unbreakable.

Heavy tubing doesn't mean strong. I've seen several broken Walgooses,
including my misguided bro's.

Greg

Walmart Mongoose XR-200 Dave General 23 May 29th 04 03:39 AM
Walmart Mongoose XR-200 Dave Mountain Biking 27 May 29th 04 03:39 AM
ID my Mongoose bike? Badger South General 2 October 14th 03 12:56 PM
Another Questions - -Mongoose DXR - vs XR-100 [email protected] General 1 July 12th 03 12:34 AM