rolling hops or balance hops

Old December 31st 06, 01:20 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
trials-uni123

Default rolling hops or balance hops

results, please visit http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/56211
Question: Which can you go higher with?

- Rolling hop
- Balance hop seat in
- balance hop seat out

Can you rolling hop higher, or balance hop higher?

--
trials-uni123
trials-uni123's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14040

Old December 31st 06, 01:24 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
TrialsUni

not to be anal, but they're called static hops, not balance hops. i was
slightly confused at first, and then understood what you meant and
voted.

--
TrialsUni
TrialsUni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7986

Old December 31st 06, 01:35 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
trials-uni123

o ok I've always called them balance hops o well

Old December 31st 06, 02:15 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
torkerdx

it all depends on your style.
I hit a 7 stack static SIF, but one of my friends hit it rolling seat
under. neither of us could hit it the other way so like I said it is a
style deal and you preference

--
torkerdx

GILD wrote:
If it was a naked young lady, would we be shouting about sexual
objectification?

gordito8me wrote:
it's like running across the highway at rush hour. Dangerous, stupid,
but not really that fun.

skrobo wrote:
i would rather ride a brick than have a folding tire

torkerdx's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12543

Old December 31st 06, 02:17 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
torkerdx

trials-uni123 wrote:
o ok I've always called them balance hops o well

when I think of balance hops I think of corrective hops to get your
balance

--
torkerdx

Old December 31st 06, 02:28 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Tomahawk

Just to make sure, rolling hops are when you're moving?

--
Tomahawk

Coconuts kill around 150 people every year. Falling from a height of 80
feet, they can build up an impact speed of 50 mph.
Tomahawk's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13442

Old December 31st 06, 02:47 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
trials-uni123

ya

Old December 31st 06, 02:56 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
forrestunifreak

Rolling hops are when you are rolling. It's pretty simple.

I am way better at rolling then SIF side hops. I don't practice SIF
hopping for height as often as I should....

(SIF means seat in front, which is essentially what static hopping is
all about)

--
forrestunifreak

Sometimes the straightest path is through the mud.
'*My Gallery*' (http://tinyurl.com/wcrsl)
BANANA'S FOR JESUS!
You 'N I, See Why See El Ee?

Old December 31st 06, 02:49 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
thejdw

forrestunifreak under his avatar wrote:
"Merry Christmas or else!"

Happy new year or else!

--
thejdw

unicycle for hobnobs!

torkerdx wrote:
another bit of advice:
shut up and ride
some people get the concept, some don't

thejdw's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13230

rolling hops-SIF hops. ilosttheotherwheel Unicycling 3 November 5th 06 08:04 PM
rolling hops-SIF hops. tomtrevor Unicycling 0 November 5th 06 02:57 AM
explosive rolling hops joshuni Unicycling 5 April 19th 06 08:00 PM
rolling hops francistorker Unicycling 12 March 19th 06 05:55 AM
rolling hops unijesse Unicycling 11 December 25th 05 06:46 AM