Carrefour de Mayhem

Old April 14th 09, 08:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Susan Walker

Default Carrefour de Mayhem

http://www.xs4all.nl/~ewoud/tmp/pr09_carrefour.mp4 (H.264 MPEG4,
720x405, 5:22 min, 81 MB) or view online
http://www.xs4all.nl/~ewoud/tmp/pr09_carrefour.html
Old April 16th 09, 03:50 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
[email protected][_2_]

Default Carrefour de

On Apr 14, 3:01*pm, Susan Walker wrote:
http://www.xs4all.nl/~ewoud/tmp/pr09...four.mp4(H.264 MPEG4,
720x405, 5:22 min, 81 MB) or view onlinehttp://www.xs4all.nl/~ewoud/tmp/pr09_carrefour.html

one could say that Boonen simply knows how to technically ride the
cobbles better ... and/or was the least tired (was the strongest) at
that point. I know that my bike handling goes to crap when I am
tired.

The gap after the Flecha crash wasn't that big ... if Pipo was on par
with Boonen he should have caught back on.
Old April 16th 09, 07:11 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Kurgan. presented by Gringioni.

http://www.xs4all.nl/~ewoud/tmp/pr09...mp4(H.264MPEG4,
720x405, 5:22 min, 81 MB) or view onlinehttp://www.xs4all.nl/~ewoud/tmp/pr09_carrefour.html

one could say that Boonen simply knows how to technically ride the
cobbles better ... and/or was the least tired (was the strongest) at
that point. *I know that my bike handling goes to crap when I am
tired.

The gap after the Flecha crash wasn't that big ... if Pipo was on par
with Boonen he should have caught back on.

Dumbass -

Even if he wasn't on par with him in a solo TT situation, it doesn't
mean he couldn't beat him in the sprint.

Same goes for Hushovd.

What a crazy race.

thanks,

Kurgan. presented by Gringioni.
Old April 16th 09, 04:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Paul G.

On Apr 15, 11:11*pm, "Kurgan. presented by Gringioni."
wrote:

What a crazy race.

That's an understatement. I don't know which is the greater hazard,
the cobbles or the spectators...
-Paul
Old April 16th 09, 04:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
[email protected][_2_]

On Apr 16, 2:11*am, "Kurgan. presented by Gringioni."
wrote:
Dumbass -

Even if he wasn't on par with him in a solo TT situation, it doesn't
mean he couldn't beat him in the sprint.

Same goes for Hushovd.

For sure. I was emailing with a teammate just before that section and
said "Boonen needs to split this group now" ... little did I think
they would all split themselves off by crashing.
Old April 16th 09, 09:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

wrote:
Dumbass -

Even if he wasn't on par with him in a solo TT situation, it doesn't
mean he couldn't beat him in the sprint.

Same goes for Hushovd.

For sure. *I was emailing with a teammate just before that section and
said "Boonen needs to split this group now" ... little did I think
they would all split themselves off by crashing.

Dumbass -

We may never again see anything like it.

thanks,

Kurgan. presented by Gringioni.