horizontal dropouts and QR

Old May 2nd 05, 06:41 PM
Mint

Default horizontal dropouts and QR

Hi

This may seem rather obvious, but bear with me.

Can I run my QR skewers on my current rear wheel with a frame that has
horizontal dropouts? Or do I need to get a bolt-through axle?

If I do, what are my options?

Is a whole new hub necessary, or am I able to get an axle and bolts
that would fit into the current hub?

Thanks

--
Matt

Fear of a flat planet

Old May 2nd 05, 08:02 PM

Mint wrote:
Hi

This may seem rather obvious, but bear with me.

Can I run my QR skewers on my current rear wheel with a frame that

has
horizontal dropouts? Or do I need to get a bolt-through axle?

If I do, what are my options?

Is a whole new hub necessary, or am I able to get an axle and bolts
that would fit into the current hub?

Thanks

--
Matt

Fear of a flat planet

A QR will work fine with horizontal ends.

/s

Old May 2nd 05, 10:49 PM
BB

On 2 May 2005 10:41:06 -0700, Mint wrote:

Can I run my QR skewers on my current rear wheel with a frame that has
horizontal dropouts?

Of course.

And THANK YOU for posting something that is actually about mountain
biking!

--
-BB-
To e-mail me, unmunge my address
Old May 3rd 05, 04:18 PM

BB wrote:
On 2 May 2005 10:41:06 -0700, Mint wrote:

Can I run my QR skewers on my current rear wheel with a frame that

has
horizontal dropouts?

Of course.

And THANK YOU for posting something that is actually about mountain
biking!

--
-BB-
To e-mail me, unmunge my address