This looks like a good recumbent from Quebec, Evox LE

Old April 9th 09, 12:40 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Erness Wild

Default This looks like a good recumbent from Quebec, Evox LE

Evox LE 2009, Looks like a carry handle on the bottom?

http://www.mielebicycles.com/DATA/BIKE/676.jpg

--
A website is a place, where, when you go there, it does everything
possible to distract you, from finding the information you came there
Old April 9th 09, 12:49 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
gotbent[_8_]

"Erness Wild" wrote in message
Evox LE 2009, Looks like a carry handle on the bottom?

http://www.mielebicycles.com/DATA/BIKE/676.jpg

--
A website is a place, where, when you go there, it does everything
possible to distract you, from finding the information you came there to
see.- E.W.

I think that is just a chain guard with a "styled' lightening hole.

gotbent, aka FRT rider

Old April 9th 09, 01:32 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Erness Wild

Took a lot of doing (as most bicycle shops don't carry 'bents) but it
looks like it's selling for around $800 cdn. That seems reasonable.
I wonder why they won't give a price on the website.

Old April 9th 09, 03:02 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
gotbent[_8_]

gotbent wrote:
I think that is just a chain guard with a "styled' lightening hole.

gotbent, aka FRT rider

--
A website is a place, where, when you go there, it does everything
possible to distract you, from finding the information you came there to
see.- E.W.

If a 'crank forward' design is something that interests you, you might want
to take a look at the RANS site, because Randy Schlitter pretty much
invented the concept of crank forward and I think the RANS bikes are a more
direct design/engineering solution. The Evox has, for my taste, too much
artificiality where the purpose is lost in the look.

http://tiny.pl/zxs9

gotbent aka FRT rider

Old April 9th 09, 04:25 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Erness Wild

Oh, yes, I have looked at Rans crank forward style, that's why I
started to figure out how to build my own. The price difference
between a Rans and a Evox is substantial.
I think the Evox is looking
good. It has a style I like as well as being affordable. Looking at
what they used to build it, it also looks durable. I have to admit I'm
not crazy about the style of seat, but that's something that can be
upgraded.
The Rans Stratus doesn't really have a good looking frame design, but
I will admit too, that it's structurally strong, using three diamond
shapes. Let's see if I can get more info on the Evox.

Old April 9th 09, 04:50 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Tom Sherman[_3_]

Erness Wild wrote:
Oh, yes, I have looked at Rans crank forward style, that's why I started
to figure out how to build my own. The price difference
between a Rans and a Evox is substantial.[...]

What is a "Rans" (sic)?

--
Tom Sherman - 42.435731,-83.985007
1999 RANS Wave to Tailwind conversion
Old April 9th 09, 05:31 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Erness Wild

see:
http://www.ransbikes.com/

Tom Sherman wrote:
What is a "Rans" (sic)?

--
A newsgroup is a place, where, when you go there, it does everything
possible to distract you, from finding the information you came there
to see.- E.W.

FS: Quetzal/Evox semi-recumbents cyclogical recumbent bicycles Recumbent Biking 0 September 19th 04 05:04 PM
cheap recumbent Evox 120 18-speed? rc5 Recumbent Biking 3 May 23rd 04 01:39 AM
Québec unigeee Unicycling 6 March 23rd 04 01:07 AM
Velo Quebec? joel roth General 1 March 11th 04 02:29 AM
Any Good MODERATED Recumbent Message Boards? Bobinator Recumbent Biking 9 July 31st 03 08:28 PM