Another question on Yakima Bighorn bike carrier, hitchmount, 1.25, 4 bike capacity. tryitoz

Old March 20th 04, 05:50 PM
Joe Donaldson

Default Another question on Yakima Bighorn bike carrier, hitchmount, 1.25, 4 bike capacity. tryitoz

Another question on Yakima Bighorn bike carrier, hitchmount, 1.25, 4
bike capacity

Was going to use the above today but noticed that the bike tube does
not slide (fit) all the way down into the open slot on either side of
the two mounts that stick out. I can lay it on it and then put the
strap on to hold it--however there is seems that the holder where the
tube would lay down it should be larger.

My bike is a standard hybrid road/mountain bike. Cross bar metal tube
no bigger than any other bike I know of.

Thanks for any advice.

Joe.
Old March 22nd 04, 10:46 PM
Joe Donaldson

I spoke with Yakima and they suggested I buy a top tube adapter that
is amller in diameter than the one on my bike. This would also be
useful on a girls bike.
So that is the solution. They thought that the 5 inch circumference of
my current bikes top tube is pushing the limit for a safe fit.

Thanks, Joe