cycle rage shows the need for registration

Old September 26th 12, 12:53 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_3_]

Default cycle rage shows the need for registration

http://www.thisiscornwall.co.uk/Cycl...ail/story.html

Old September 26th 12, 12:56 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
John Benn

"Mrcheerful" wrote in message
http://www.thisiscornwall.co.uk/Cycl...ail/story.html

Sounds like the driver objected to the cyclist taking primary position. I
hope the cyclist damaged his hand.

Old September 26th 12, 04:12 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Wed, 26 Sep 2012 12:56:05 +0100, "John Benn"
wrote:

"Mrcheerful" wrote in message
http://www.thisiscornwall.co.uk/Cycl...ail/story.html

Sounds like the driver objected to the cyclist taking primary position. I
hope the cyclist damaged his hand.

I'm sorry - what on earth is this "primary position"?

I have scoured the Highway Code and just cannot find it at all?

Old September 26th 12, 04:33 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
John Benn

wrote:

"Mrcheerful" wrote in message
http://www.thisiscornwall.co.uk/Cycl...ail/story.html

Sounds like the driver objected to the cyclist taking primary position. I
hope the cyclist damaged his hand.

I'm sorry - what on earth is this "primary position"?

I have scoured the Highway Code and just cannot find it at all?

It's a term that psycholists use which involves cycling in the middle of the
road to stop following traffic from being able to overtake.

Old September 26th 12, 07:15 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bertie Wooster[_2_]

On Wed, 26 Sep 2012 16:33:07 +0100, "John Benn"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

"Mrcheerful" wrote in message
http://www.thisiscornwall.co.uk/Cycl...ail/story.html

Sounds like the driver objected to the cyclist taking primary position. I
hope the cyclist damaged his hand.

I'm sorry - what on earth is this "primary position"?

I have scoured the Highway Code and just cannot find it at all?

It's a term that psycholists use which involves cycling in the middle of the
road to stop following traffic from being able to overtake.

I believe the term originated in motorcycling driving manuals, but
unfortunately I am unable to provide a reference for this so I may
well be mistaken.
Old September 26th 12, 09:34 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR

wrote:

"Mrcheerful" wrote in message
http://www.thisiscornwall.co.uk/Cycl...ail/story.html

Sounds like the driver objected to the cyclist taking primary position. I
hope the cyclist damaged his hand.

I'm sorry - what on earth is this "primary position"?

I have scoured the Highway Code and just cannot find it at all?

Its psycholist talk for 'I can only manage 12mph on a push bike, why
should anyone go faster'.

vehicle fit only for the poor and/or strange," Dave Horton, of Lancaster
University, wrote in an interim assessment of the Understanding Walking
and Cycling study. "For them, cycling is a bit embarrassing, they fail
to see its purpose, and have no interest in integrating it into their
lives, certainly on a regular basis."
Old September 27th 12, 12:42 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
PhilO

On Wednesday, September 26, 2012 4:12:40 PM UTC+1, Judith wrote:

I'm sorry - what on earth is this "primary position"?

Judith, you are silly. Look back at last time you were told what it is (in this very newsgroup). Are you losing your memory?

I have scoured the Highway Code and just cannot find it at all?

That's because it is not there - as you have been told before. Silly of you to forget. We told you before it is in "Cyclecraft" - do you remember now, dear?
Old September 27th 12, 12:46 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
PhilO

On Wednesday, September 26, 2012 4:33:08 PM UTC+1, John Benn wrote:

It's a term that psycholists

What on earth are they?

Oh wait, I remember. It is a word Judith made up and then lied about being in the OED. Judith is such a liar.

A little googling will show you that "Primary Position" is a much more widely accepted concept that "psycholists" (which barely seems to exist beyond this newsgroup).
Old September 27th 12, 03:57 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 27/09/2012 12:42, PhilO wrote:

On Wednesday, September 26, 2012 4:12:40 PM UTC+1, Judith wrote:

I'm sorry - what on earth is this "primary position"?

Judith, you are silly. Look back at last time you were told what it is (in this very newsgroup). Are you losing your memory?

I have scoured the Highway Code and just cannot find it at all?

That's because it is not there - as you have been told before. Silly of you to forget. We told you before it is in "Cyclecraft" - do you remember now, dear?

Which part of the Highway Code refers readers (pedestrians, drivers, or even
cyclists) to "Cyclecraft"?

If the answer is "no part" in what alternative - but official - way is the
attention of the general road-user drawn to the contents (or even the
existence) of "Cyclecraft"?

If the answer is "in no official way", of what relevance is "Cyclecraft" and
how does it grant anyone the right to either ignore (and breach) the Highway
Code or to break the law on obstruction?
Old September 27th 12, 04:49 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Scour a book on punctuation, you venomous BennGeorgeClive ****.