Hamstring

Old August 30th 03, 08:50 PM
Michael

Default Hamstring

A couple of weeks ago, I had a great ride on the mountain
trails, but a couple of days later and since I've had hamstring
twinges and pains. Any similar problems, recommendations
for home therapy?

Thanks,

M.

Old August 30th 03, 11:54 PM
Tom Keats

In article ,
"Jiyang Chen" writes:
It's a very good sign. Shows you're working the hamstrings and learning to
pedal. Or you may have a more serious problem.

I don't believe cycling per se in any of its many forms
(including off-road) should cause pain. And the only way
I can see hamstrings getting involved enough in pedaling
to hurt, would be pulling-up on the backstrokes -- especially
when pedaling hard to surmount steep humps, to avoid the
bother of shifting. Saddle height might have something to
do with it, too (as in saddle too low to get a good, easy,
powerful stroke.)

Maybe the best solution is to not pull up, not attack every
hump & mound with full vigour, and make more use of those
lower gears. In the meantime, the OP might findsome relief
in a nice, soothing, epsom salts bath. As a matter of fact,
that sounds pretty good to me, too.

cheers,
Tom