Flat Discussion Thread

Old January 12th 08, 04:23 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Spoonthumb

Default Flat Discussion Thread

Jon Atwell wrote:
I think flips in flat if used right are really sick. for example in
flatland i love combos like sideways wheel walk to wheel flip out and
rolling wrap to hickflip and flips into rolls are sick.

People are saying that in flatland bmx they never leave the
ground...ive seen them jump all over the place. maybe if ur looking at
flatland as only rolls but i think that limits the sport waaay to much.
its hard to define a style of riding thats so new and i think even
when flat is established later you wont be able to just say this is
what flatland is...its like trying to define street. People will
always have different opions on what a style is supposed to be like so
you can waste time discussing what flatland is i guess but i wont

-jon A

+1 I think flat out of all unicycling has the most room to grow. I
think that different variations of flat will emerge.

--
Spoonthumb

nimbus x street fund-$220 out of $360
Triball wrote:
I learned everything I know from youtube.

\"it won't hurt if you land it\" -kevin mcmullin
2nd place )---hickflip-'o,
4th place*)--540 unispin-'o,*
uni for christ
'get lost' (www.lost.eu/6c7c7)
http://www.usenet.com
Old January 12th 08, 06:16 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
peleschramm

I think there are some flip tricks that are basically only flat. Like a
monkeyflip, ive only seen that put to use in street once, in luke
collaltos pokemon vid. Just a treyflip i wouldnt call flatland. Do one
into a crank roll or stand up ww and thats as flat as it can get.

--
peleschramm

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=peleproductions
unicycle for atheism.
http://www.usenet.com
Old January 23rd 08, 03:22 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
beeper

this has been on my mind for a while, but I guess i forgot about it. I
got reminded when I saw the "girraffe+pegs" thread.

Would you be able to do like flatland girraffe with pegs?

like push the wheel with your foot, and switch sides and what not.

--
beeper

Jkohse wrote:
you teach me and ill teach you

Danni wrote:
POKEMOOOOOOOON!
Gotta catch em all.

hah, that made me laugh
http://www.usenet.com
Old January 23rd 08, 04:05 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
leo

beeper wrote:
flatland girraffe with pegs?

...rather 'BC-uni'
(http://www.unicyclist.org/cont/play....f320240bc-uni)!

--
leo

*+1 866-UNI-CYCL
'www.unicycle.net' (http://www.unicycle.net/)
'www.unicyclist.org' (http://www.unicyclist.org/)*
http://www.usenet.com
Old January 23rd 08, 09:37 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
peleschramm

beeper wrote:
this has been on my mind for a while, but I guess i forgot about it. I
got reminded when I saw the "girraffe+pegs" thread.

Would you be able to do like flatland girraffe with pegs?

like push the wheel with your foot, and switch sides and what not.

I can tell you josue barreto (Puerto Rican) has a giraffe like that
were instead of the pedals there are also pegs for you to hold onto
with your hands. he can ride on the bottom pegs and pedal with his
hands and he can ride stomach on seat using his hands to pedal (this
won him the best trick competition in NAUCC 2003 in Minnesota).

Old January 28th 08, 12:39 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
epistolize

quick question- i might have to replace my pedals (hopefully not too
soon!) and i was just wondering what everyone else rides. I'm currently
riding one wellgo pedal and the one that came originally with my onza
trials. (first i broke the old right one once i learned crankgrabs,
then i broke the new left when i started grinding rails!) i still like
crankgrabbing and grinds, but i feel i'd like to focus on flatland as a
niche now for me.

--
epistolize

affirmation: i will hit tricks in a heavy stylee, quit prehoppin and
flow freely
organise my thughts into lines
and WORK "I lli T!
eratepeoplegetthefulleffectofalphabetsoup?"
http://www.usenet.com
Old January 28th 08, 12:47 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Émile5

Were they metal or plastic?

Flantlander normally use plastic pedals, any will be nice. I use DX
plastic pedals, they're really big and pretty solid, I broke one
because I did a big drop with it...

http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=1023

KHE simulatorz are great too, I think.

http://tinyurl.com/374sye

And those feels nice, dunno about the solidity:

http://tinyurl.com/2kkrom

--
Émile5

"Ntappin" wrote:
I'm a butcher, and it took me like 10 minutes to get one nub off my
luna.

http://www.usenet.com

Old January 28th 08, 11:53 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
epistolize

they were metal so they have given me a fair few knocks and bites, but
having not really ridden much on plastics, i find it quite hard to make
a comparative evaluation.

i suppose the Kpro Stimulatorz look ok- i may consider getting a pair
of them.

Old February 7th 08, 02:40 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jon Atwell

yo, like noone is useing this trick in flatland and i think its got some
potential for some sick combos. so i stuck it today(its really easy
like 7 mins or something) and plan to put it in more combos in the
future

http://tinyurl.com/27zzbj

later
jon A