BUC Registration OPEN!

Old September 15th 08, 10:11 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
domesticated ape

Default BUC Registration OPEN!

rob.northcott wrote:
Right, I'm registered. See you all there. No marathon race?... I'm
itching to do another one after I did better than I expected at
unicon!

Rob

I'm up for a marathon, anyone else?

--
domesticated ape
Old September 15th 08, 10:20 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
paul royle

domesticated ape wrote:
I'm up for a marathon, anyone else?

Count me in, although I may regret it afterwards...

--
paul royle
Old September 15th 08, 10:22 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
semach.the.monkey

paul royle wrote:
Count me in, although I may regret it afterwards...

Yeah, go on then, I'm up for regretting it too!

STM

--
semach.the.monkey
Old September 15th 08, 10:25 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
domesticated ape

I'm off to look for a route on Google maps...

--
domesticated ape
Old September 15th 08, 10:35 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Into the blue

Marathon beer session maybe...

--
Into the blue

Harper wrote:
i wuld get a 20' trialls uni prolly with a blu tiar.
get splined an a kh saet or ur a pansy.
get trials cuz thaz whut i du n u mus wannaa whut i du 2.
lol...awwsum.

Old September 15th 08, 10:38 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
domesticated ape

How about 2ish laps of this: http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=2264822 ?

--
domesticated ape
Old September 16th 08, 09:40 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
rob.northcott

Oh no, what have I done? Looks like I've poked a lobster nest...

Rob

--
rob.northcott
Old September 16th 08, 10:50 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
nickjb

There are rules about racing on public roads. Not sure if this is up to
date:

http://www.lvrc.org/documents/road_traffic_act_1960.pdf

It uses lawyer speak so maybe somebody with book learning should read
it.

--
nickjb

*Severn Wheelers.* Bristol's best (and only) unicycle hockey club
Wednesdays, 8:30. All welcome
Old September 16th 08, 11:10 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
rob.northcott

nickjb wrote:
There are rules about racing on public roads.

You probably do need to get permission, and not do it at a busy time of
day. Bike time trials (at local club level) are held on public roads,
but usually run early in the morning or in the evening, presumably to
avoid heavy traffic. I was never involved with the organising side of
it, so I don't know if any special permission was needed, but I would
assume you at least need to notify the police. Best to check first if
we're going to do it.

The local time trials I used to race in were always arranged so all
junctions were left turns on wide roads with plenty of visibility (and
no traffic lights!), and we were supposed to abide by normal road laws.
A mass-start race would of course be more of a pain to other road users
than a time trial (where each rider is released individually).

If we can make it all legal it would be nice to have an official race
though - then somebody can be "British Champion".

Rob

EDIT: Reading through those regulations Nick linked to, it sounds like
it would be OK if it's all on 40mph limit roads and with fewer than 80
competitors. But it says permission needs to be applied for at least
28 days before the event, so it seems we're too late unfortunately

--
rob.northcott
Old September 16th 08, 12:59 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
redwelly

domesticated ape wrote:
I'm up for a marathon, anyone else?

Suddenly, a good reason to lug my 36er on the train.

How 'unofficial' can we get away with? It's not like we planned this
or anything...

--
redwelly

'*Unicycle.com*'