An update...

Old October 6th 08, 12:43 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Tulsa

Default An update...

...for those of you who are closely following my unicycle progress which
would be none of you most likely.

My riding is getting better all the time. I still have way too many
UPD's but they are getting less. I haven't taken a ride in the last
couple of weeks in which I didn't free mount. Every time I think I have
it figured out and make 3 or 4 successful free mounts in a row, then I
go through a stretch where it takes me a dozen times to get on the
stupid thing. But I will get it licked one of these days.

My son bought a 26". When he first got it, I tried to ride it off
blocks but could never get going on it. Yesterday and today, I tried to
free mount and both days I made it on the third try. When I upgrade, I
was going to go with a 24 but since I've been able to free mount his, I
might go with a 26. I will probably wait until next spring for that
though unless I find a good deal somewhere.

--
Tulsa
Old October 6th 08, 06:48 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
pkittle

Way to go! There's always a transition period when you're mastering
something new (whether uni-related or not). One second, everything's
simple and elementary, the next it feels impossible and frustrating.
Eventually, you figure out the little nuances that determine success vs
failure, and you learn to master them (95% of the time, or somewhere in
that range, depending on the skill!).

Anyway, you're doing great, and keep up the practice when the weather
cooperates!

--
pkittle

*==========================
Peter Kittle * Chico, CA
"The Revolution is just a t-shirt away."
--Billy Bragg
Old October 6th 08, 04:12 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Tak

Tulsa;1108017 wrote:
...for those of you who are closely following my unicycle progress which
would be none of you most likely.

I enjoy your progress updates; keep them coming!

Every time I think I have it figured out and make 3 or 4 successful free
mounts in a row, then I go through a stretch where it takes me a dozen
times to get on the stupid thing.

Eh, I have those stretches too (see the unicycle dyslexia thread),
although less and less frequently. Endeavor to persevere!

--
Tak

"Unicycling goes against common sense." --maestro8
Old October 6th 08, 04:19 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
scoope

Tulsa

Sounds like you have free-mounting down.

I have been concentraiting on the freemount and this weekend I managed
3 freemounts in a row on two or three occations (unfortunatley many
failures in between )

I am learning on a 24" Muni - I know you started on a 20" and sometimes
think that may have been a better idea for me!

Keep up with the good work and the updates!

Cheers

Simon

--
scoope

Update Stu Fleming Racing 8 November 5th 07 03:16 PM
update paul jaudon Marketplace 2 November 12th 04 04:27 PM
10 on 7 update anybody? Bruce Lange Techniques 0 August 15th 04 01:37 AM
update wim Mountain Biking 1 July 1st 04 10:23 PM
Update Anthony Sloan Mountain Biking 4 July 28th 03 03:18 PM