SLA Batteries

Old February 2nd 06, 06:41 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Default SLA Batteries

My front light battery seems to be on its last legs. It only works for 30
minutes or so before rapidly going flat. It's about 5 or 6 years old.

The battery is marked CSB battery co ltd and is model no: BP-502.
It is also marked:
6V 4.5A Charge time 8-10 hours
Fuse 5A 250V Symbol(zero with a slash thru it) 6.3
Adapter 7.5V 500MA

Any tricks to put some extra life into it?

Or the best place to get a new one.
What about
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PowerTech-SLA-... QcmdZViewItem

Weight not important.

Cheers

Peter

Old February 2nd 06, 07:20 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On Thu, 02 Feb 2006 18:41:03 GMT,
Peter wrote:
My front light battery seems to be on its last legs. It only works for 30
minutes or so before rapidly going flat. It's about 5 or 6 years old.

The battery is marked CSB battery co ltd and is model no: BP-502.
It is also marked:
6V 4.5A Charge time 8-10 hours
Fuse 5A 250V Symbol(zero with a slash thru it) 6.3
Adapter 7.5V 500MA

Any tricks to put some extra life into it?

Or the best place to get a new one.
What about
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PowerTech-SLA-... QcmdZViewItem

Maplin - they probably have an identical replacement.

Tim.
and there was light.

Old February 2nd 06, 07:48 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Tim Woodall wrote:

Maplin - they probably have an identical replacement.

That's what I thought.... but then I thought to check the website ;-)

~PB

Old February 2nd 06, 08:19 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Peter wrote:
ah!
Maplins code: L21AC
6v 4.5ah @ £4.99
http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?...rce=21&doy=2m2

doesn't seem to come up on the maplin search engine, though they say they
have 2,800 in stock.
cheers guys

I have one of these as a replacement for the original in my Smart
lights. Works just fine.

...d

Old February 2nd 06, 08:23 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

ah!
Maplins code: L21AC
6v 4.5ah @ £4.99
http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?...rce=21&doy=2m2

doesn't seem to come up on the maplin search engine, though they say they
have 2,800 in stock.
cheers guys

"Pete Biggs" wrote in
message ...