Human-powered helicopter created by Toronto team wins $250,000 prize

Old July 13th 13, 11:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

Default Human-powered helicopter created by Toronto team wins $250,000 prize

Another barrier has been broken. What was once thought to be impossible has happened.

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2013...to_team.ht ml

Human-powered helicopter created by Toronto team wins $250,000 prize

Since 1980, a challenge to engineers across the world — to build a human powered helicopter — has remained unaccomplished. Until now

Cheers
Old July 13th 13, 11:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Dan

Sir Ridesalot writes:

Another barrier has been broken. What was once thought to be impossible has happened.

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2013...to_team.ht ml

I didn't get the "snakes" reference, but that is too awesome.
Thanks for this post!

Human-powered helicopter created by Toronto team wins $250,000 prize

Since 1980, a challenge to engineers across the world β€” to build a human powered helicopter β€” has remained unaccomplished. Until now

The two crashes we had were devastating,” says Robertson. β€œThere was
kind of this dread around the project."

(DANGER! DANGER!)

"But the team learned from crashes... "

Old July 13th 13, 11:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Dan

Sir Ridesalot writes:

Another barrier has been broken. What was once thought to be impossible has happened.

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2013...to_team.ht ml

Human-powered helicopter created by Toronto team wins $250,000 prize

Since 1980, a challenge to engineers across the world β€” to build a human powered helicopter β€” has remained unaccomplished. Until now

.... And just to add credence to Frank's contention that I
*usually* respond twice to one post...

"I believe I can fly... "

Old July 14th 13, 04:04 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
James[_8_]

On 14/07/13 08:25, Dan wrote:
Sir Ridesalot writes:

Another barrier has been broken. What was once thought to be impossible has happened.

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2013...to_team.ht ml

I didn't get the "snakes" reference, but that is too awesome.

I think it refers to the movie called something like, "Snakes on a plane"

Thanks for this post!

Agree. Lots of fun, though highly impractical for everyday use.

--
Js
Old July 14th 13, 04:33 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Wes Groleau

On 07-13-2013 23:04, James wrote:
On 14/07/13 08:25, Dan wrote:
Sir Ridesalot writes:
Another barrier has been broken. What was once thought to be
impossible has happened.

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2013...to_team.ht ml

I didn't get the "snakes" reference, but that is too awesome.

I think it refers to the movie called something like, "Snakes on a plane"

And the fact that one of the team has pet pythons.

--
Wes Groleau

Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire!
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...gs/pants-fire/

An incredible human powered journey: joncatling[A_T]comfortsaddle.org Techniques 2 August 22nd 07 06:30 AM
An incredible human powered journey: joncatling[A_T]comfortsaddle.org Social Issues 0 August 21st 07 03:14 PM
An incredible human powered journey: joncatling[A_T]comfortsaddle.org UK 0 August 21st 07 03:13 PM
human powered nuns? andy gee General 7 April 2nd 06 07:36 PM
human powered tractor? Robert Haston Techniques 5 January 25th 05 02:40 PM