Large time trial helmets?

Old August 1st 07, 02:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Default Large time trial helmets?

Hi All,

I am in the market for a time-trial helmet. Due to perhaps a
combination of having a large fluid filled cavity in my brain as well
as an IQ above 75, my helmet size is around 62cm. I have not found
reference to any time-trial helmets that are available in this size.
Does anyone know of any? The uni-size LAS Crono allegedly fits to 61
and I have another uni-size LAS helmet that while it fits, looks like
a beanie perched on the top of my head, so I am skeptical that the LAS
would actually fit properly.

Suggestions?

Joseph

Old August 1st 07, 03:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RonSonic

On Wed, 01 Aug 2007 13:36:09 -0000, "
wrote:

Hi All,

I am in the market for a time-trial helmet. Due to perhaps a
combination of having a large fluid filled cavity in my brain as well
as an IQ above 75, my helmet size is around 62cm. I have not found
reference to any time-trial helmets that are available in this size.
Does anyone know of any? The uni-size LAS Crono allegedly fits to 61
and I have another uni-size LAS helmet that while it fits, looks like
a beanie perched on the top of my head, so I am skeptical that the LAS
would actually fit properly.

Suggestions?

I have a similarly sized melon and similar trouble buying helmets. You didn't
hear this from me.... do you know what a hot wire cutter is? Carving a bit of
material away from the inside of the helmet is probably not going to lead to a
fatal crash. A rasp will also do the deed.

Ron
Old August 1st 07, 03:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

wrote:
[...]

I borrowed a Met aero helmet from a buddy and by carefully removing
the plastic harness/strap thingee I was able to get my noggin in
there, but it didn't sit right. I suppose as a last resort for a
helmet that doesn't fit I could use a hot-wire cutter, or some
cautious acetone spillage, but again only as a last resort.

Joseph

Large Bicycle Helmets Brian Millson UK 1 August 15th 05 07:33 PM
time trial helmets Katharine & Paul Australia 5 August 4th 04 08:21 AM
time trial helmets Katharine & Paul Techniques 8 August 2nd 04 10:11 AM
Helmets for large heads Jokke General 12 December 1st 03 04:35 PM
Large bicycle helmets Michael Australia 6 October 18th 03 11:25 AM