drill/tap in frames

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 17th 18, 09:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Emanuel Berg[_2_]

Default drill/tap in frames

The front and rear stays, which I suppose are
welded to the frame, and painted in the same
color - these are 2 inches wide.

The bottom stay, which is a long bracket with
the form of the letter "Z", only not as
steep, has two holes, one that goes into the
BB and one that goes into the chainguard.
This is the lowest contact point of the
chainguard. This bracket is 1-1/8
inches wide.

Or perhaps "thick" or "deep" is the word.
Anyway this is how much (little) material is
required for an M5 tap to work. Because that is
what it does. This is not an exotic bike but
the standard solution which I've seen hundred
of times.

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573

drill drill drill [email protected] Techniques 4 June 19th 17 01:22 AM
OT Torx drill bit Judith[_4_] UK 56 March 13th 12 09:25 AM
Bosch GSB 14.4 2-Li 14.4V Li-Ion Combi Drill [email protected] UK 2 May 19th 11 11:47 PM
How to drill a nightrider 36 rim? flyer Unicycling 33 November 5th 08 04:16 PM
Can I safely drill through Chromoplastic? Yonatan Mazuz Techniques 9 January 9th 06 01:12 AM