"Triplets of Bellevue"

Old January 19th 04, 02:26 AM
Howard Kveck

Default "Triplets of Bellevue"

In article k.net,
"Tom Kunich" wrote:

Let me say this about the film - while it was definitely interesting, it is
about as much a bicycle movie as was Harold and Maud.

But "Harold and Maude" had a mid-sixties Jaguar XKE hearse. You don't
see that every day, do ya?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0067185/

--
tanx,
Howard

Said you hit Roddy Piper, and didn't get a hassle,
Promised your girl filet mignon, then took her to White Castle!
LL Cool J

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?
Old January 19th 04, 05:30 PM
Jym Dyer

... it is about as much a bicycle movie as was Harold
and Maud.

=v= How many movies can boast the following:

o Someone finding his/her true calling, liberty, joy,
and (*ahem!*) optimal physique with a bicycle?

o Someone truing a wheel at the dinner table?

o A bicycle-powered record player?

o The absolute pinnacle of computer-generated imaging, finally
being used for the noblest purpose possible: animating the
movements of bicycles?

o Le Tour?

o A butcher's shop window display featuring a moving
stuffed pig on a bicycle with tires made from links
of sausages?

o A snippet from Jacques Tati's _Jour_de_Fête_?

I was glad to go see it but I wouldn't see it a second time.

=v= I saw it twice, each time surrounded by bike freeeks. :^)
_Jym_
Old January 19th 04, 05:32 PM
Jym Dyer

But "Harold and Maude" had a mid-sixties Jaguar XKE hearse.
You don't see that every day, do ya?

=v= I love movies where trees get saved and cars get smashed.
But that's just me. :^)
_Jym_
Old January 23rd 04, 01:25 AM
Dane Jackson

In rec.bicycles.soc Jym Dyer wrote:

I was glad to go see it but I wouldn't see it a second time.

=v= I saw it twice, each time surrounded by bike freeeks. :^)

My wife went and saw it last night (and quite enjoyed it). One comment
she made was that there were a number of things in the films she would
not have understand or found amusing a couple years ago. i.e. Before I
would babble on endlessly about bicycle things to her.

--
Dane Jackson - z u v e m b i @ u n i x b i g o t s . o r g
1) If a programmer's modification of an existing program
Old January 23rd 04, 05:43 PM
g.daniels

the dog has more character than most people i know
Old January 24th 04, 03:12 AM
Tom Kunich

"g.daniels" wrote in message
om...
the dog has more character than most people i know

Then don't post like that and maybe you'll find some friends who aren't
animated cartoons. And since when did Henry go out with you?

Old January 24th 04, 06:07 PM
g.daniels

when the birds came through the dappled morning sunlight
Old January 24th 04, 06:08 PM
g.daniels

the pig has more character than most people i know