Cycle path standards

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 9th 07, 10:14 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Marc

Default Cycle path standards

my LA have just spent a large chunk of other peoples money on cycle
routes to nowhere, and I'm in the middle of trying to persuade them that
they should be providing cycle parking at key points such as the leisure
centre. I can handle the leisure centre bit ( I will send them a picture
every day of the single bike rack full) but I also wnat to point out
that their brand spanking new path is dangerous by being narrow and by
causing a bottle neck at the enterance to the centre. They have replied
with "the route was designed in consultation with Sustrans and that the
specifications used were based on the standards set out in their
National Cycle Network guidance" anyone any idea where I can find the
stnadards to check?