Much of The Netherlands is Below Sea Level Too Retards

Old September 5th 05, 09:28 AM

Default Much of The Netherlands is Below Sea Level Too Retards

6. Tom Kunich Aug 31, 9:23 am show options

So if I understand your correctly - it is everyone else's job to
protect the citizens of New Orleans who live below sea level in a
hurricane area.

Thanks for demonstrating your really strong connection with reality.
-----------------------------------
man you are retarded.
New Orleans is a real city with history and character, if it was up to
people like you, all of the USA would be a Wal-Mart strip mall
********. Who needs a city with historic bars, jazz muscians,
world famous chefs, and Mardi Gras right?
Dallas/Fort Worth is just as good.
An engineer with a degree from Devry could protect New Orleans,
if the government would spend money preserving wetlands
and buidling new levies.
A city can be built below sea level, there are many all over the world,
New Orleans is more than a tourist destination, it's a shipping center
and a valuable port.
So yes, it's everyone else's job to protect New Orleans,
the same way they'd protect your ******** town, and they will
spend billions to rebuild NO, so it is reality.

Why would anyone **** and moan about taxes being spent protecting
Americans? We give billions of dollars a year to Haiti, and Somalia,
and kinds of places that need help and protection, it's what a
superpower does.
I'm even more retarded than Kunich for responding to Kunich but all
these weirdos are freaking me, Kunich said he was lynched by black
people...people are saying racism was never much of a problem in the
USA...
The anti-new orleans stuff is great, nobody said this stuff about all
the rich white people who were killed and displaced because of 9/11,
nobody said all those millionaire cantor/fitzgerald boarding school
people were "stupid" for working in a building that had already been
attacked and was a major declared target of terrorists (Bin-Laden had
said he major goal was to bring down the twin towers for over 10 years)

but people keep posting the same old racist crap about the victims of
Katrina.
I know, Papai is right, it's RBR, should be about bike racing only,
because when you start a thread about the real world, it gets really
really weird and scary.

Old September 5th 05, 01:59 PM
Curtis L. Russell

On 5 Sep 2005 01:28:27 -0700, wrote:

An engineer with a degree from Devry could protect New Orleans,
if the government would spend money preserving wetlands
and buidling new levies.
A city can be built below sea level, there are many all over the world,
New Orleans is more than a tourist destination, it's a shipping center
and a valuable port.
So yes, it's everyone else's job to protect New Orleans,
the same way they'd protect your ******** town, and they will
spend billions to rebuild NO, so it is reality.

But it won't be the same in my lifetime IMO. A figure I've seen a
couple of places is that 80% of the private homes destroyed by
flooding did not have flood insurance. There will be intervention at
many points (to help the people start over, to keep some banks from
failing and so on), but having an uninsured structure loss and still
owning real estate that will be difficult to rebuild on will encourage
a lot of bankruptcies and people walking away. To somewhere else.

If I had a $ 80,000 - $ 100,000 a year job and a $ 250,000 - $
350,000 mortgage on a piece of land that is stuck for the next few
years on a net worth of maybe half that, do I stay around New Orleans
hoping that there will be a job market? Fine, I understand that there
will be some omnibus Federal tax bill that will go through probably by
the end of the year that gives credits and tax relief for the area to
encourage rebuilding, but the most effective workers in skill
positions are in the 45 - 55 year range and they can't take a couple
of years out of their life to wait.

Rebuilding the commercial infrastructure will probably end up with a
very efficient one that needs far fewer people than the old one. That
commercial activity that you are talking about can probably be
supported with a New Orleans half the size you were talking about. And
that's what I expect will be for a long, long time. And maybe that's
the size city that the surrounding ecology can support.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...
Old September 5th 05, 04:12 PM
MyPostingID

I heard on the news that something like 80% of the people say they are
NOT going back.

Level saddle? Neal Techniques 17 May 5th 05 04:10 AM
Level Six and Level Ten Mounts? jsm Unicycling 13 February 25th 05 06:40 PM
Podium girls with their noses at Armpit Level M. Barbee Racing 34 July 26th 04 11:12 AM
Skill Level 7+ mounts yoopers Unicycling 11 June 17th 04 05:29 AM
Final start list for WC Elite Men's Road Race Sonarrat Racing 4 October 7th 03 01:48 AM