Professional use of proper size wrench

Old August 5th 19, 03:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default Professional use of proper size wrench

https://www.kiro7.com/news/local/wat...ault/971662496

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old August 5th 19, 09:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_5_]

On Monday, August 5, 2019 at 7:08:00 AM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
https://www.kiro7.com/news/local/wat...ault/971662496

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

Broken fingers are very bad news. They generally do not grow back together properly.
Old August 6th 19, 12:09 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 8/5/2019 3:44 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:
On Monday, August 5, 2019 at 7:08:00 AM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
https://www.kiro7.com/news/local/wat...ault/971662496

Broken fingers are very bad news. They generally do not grow back together properly.

Yes, painful and slow to heal. I've had several over the
years and after being taped up for a month or so they all
came back fine.

Shattered is a whole different thing:
http://www.yellowjersey.org/photosfr...t/NOSISSY2.JPG

Old August 6th 19, 01:34 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Monday, August 5, 2019 at 9:44:16 PM UTC+1, Tom Kunich wrote:
On Monday, August 5, 2019 at 7:08:00 AM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
https://www.kiro7.com/news/local/wat...ault/971662496

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

Broken fingers are very bad news. They generally do not grow back together properly.

It seems to me that bumps on the joints of the little fingers nearest the nail are the sign of a bicyclist who knows where the limits of his bike are.

Andre Jute
Character is destiny
Old August 9th 19, 05:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_5_]

On Monday, August 5, 2019 at 5:34:53 PM UTC-7, Andre Jute wrote:
On Monday, August 5, 2019 at 9:44:16 PM UTC+1, Tom Kunich wrote:
On Monday, August 5, 2019 at 7:08:00 AM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
https://www.kiro7.com/news/local/wat...ault/971662496

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

Broken fingers are very bad news. They generally do not grow back together properly.

It seems to me that bumps on the joints of the little fingers nearest the nail are the sign of a bicyclist who knows where the limits of his bike are.

Andre Jute
Character is destiny

Hey Andre - last Tuesday I exceeded 100,000 ft of climbing for the year. To celebrate I did another 2,500 yesterday.
Old August 12th 19, 12:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ted Heise

On Fri, 9 Aug 2019 09:21:27 -0700 (PDT),
Tom Kunich wrote:
On Monday, August 5, 2019 at 5:34:53 PM UTC-7, Andre Jute wrote:
On Monday, August 5, 2019 at 9:44:16 PM UTC+1, Tom Kunich wrote:

Broken fingers are very bad news. They generally do not grow
back together properly.

It seems to me that bumps on the joints of the little fingers
nearest the nail are the sign of a bicyclist who knows where
the limits of his bike are.

Hey Andre - last Tuesday I exceeded 100,000 ft of climbing for
the year. To celebrate I did another 2,500 yesterday.

Just 71k here; there isn't much in the way of extended climbing
around northern Indiana.

--
Ted Heise West Lafayette, IN, USA
Old August 12th 19, 09:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Tom Kunich wrote:
On Monday, August 5, 2019 at 5:34:53 PM UTC-7, Andre Jute wrote:
On Monday, August 5, 2019 at 9:44:16 PM UTC+1, Tom Kunich wrote:

Broken fingers are very bad news. They generally do not grow
back together properly.

It seems to me that bumps on the joints of the little fingers
nearest the nail are the sign of a bicyclist who knows where
the limits of his bike are.

Hey Andre - last Tuesday I exceeded 100,000 ft of climbing for
the year. To celebrate I did another 2,500 yesterday.

Just 71k here; there isn't much in the way of extended climbing
around northern Indiana.

--
Ted Heise West Lafayette, IN, USA

There were many times of this year where I wondered if I even had 71,000 feet of horizontal riding, let alone vertical.
Old August 12th 19, 10:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

Tom Kunich wrote:
On Monday, August 5, 2019 at 5:34:53 PM UTC-7, Andre Jute wrote:
On Monday, August 5, 2019 at 9:44:16 PM UTC+1, Tom Kunich wrote:

Broken fingers are very bad news. They generally do not grow
back together properly.

It seems to me that bumps on the joints of the little fingers
nearest the nail are the sign of a bicyclist who knows where
the limits of his bike are.

Hey Andre - last Tuesday I exceeded 100,000 ft of climbing for
the year. To celebrate I did another 2,500 yesterday.

Just 71k here; there isn't much in the way of extended climbing
around northern Indiana.

--
Ted Heise West Lafayette, IN, USA

There were many times of this year where I wondered if I even had 71,000 feet of horizontal riding, let alone vertical.

My son's friend and former teammate did 30,000 feet in one day -- twice in a season. https://www.facebook.com/universityo...54519895920636 So, he did about 63,000 feet of climbing in two rides. His elevation for the year was over a million feet of climbing, but I forgot the exact number. It was freakish. It's easy to rack up elevation in SLC because the canyons are the best places to ride. Everybody climbs -- old ladies on tricycles doing 12% and knocking out 400 watts. It's crazy!

-- Jay Beattie.

Old August 12th 19, 10:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_5_]

Tom Kunich wrote:
On Monday, August 5, 2019 at 5:34:53 PM UTC-7, Andre Jute wrote:
On Monday, August 5, 2019 at 9:44:16 PM UTC+1, Tom Kunich wrote:

Broken fingers are very bad news. They generally do not grow
back together properly.

It seems to me that bumps on the joints of the little fingers
nearest the nail are the sign of a bicyclist who knows where
the limits of his bike are.

Hey Andre - last Tuesday I exceeded 100,000 ft of climbing for
the year. To celebrate I did another 2,500 yesterday.

Just 71k here; there isn't much in the way of extended climbing
around northern Indiana.

--
Ted Heise West Lafayette, IN, USA

Hell that ain't bad. My wife tells me that the hills there aren't long but the steepest she and the daughters had ever seen when they rode coast to coast training for the jr. nationals.
Old August 12th 19, 10:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_5_]

For the first four months of the year that was the position I was in. In January there was absolutely perfect weather. Then I was hit by that car. By the time I recovered from that my brother had pneumonia and I had to attend every day. And then he was having eye surgery and I had to take care of that and then the rain started. Finally I managed to get riding about May and I was then so far out of shape that a 20 miles ride was almost too much for me.

It has only been the last two weeks of July that I am beginning to feel normal.