Fuji Team pro carbon

Old January 18th 07, 09:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ken C. M.

Default Fuji Team pro carbon

Fabio wrote:
Hi

Someone knows this bike ?? Can you tell your opinions about this brand ?

Bye

Fabio

I don't know the model you speak of, but Fuji is a name thats been
around for a pretty long time. I have a Fuji Ace that is pretty good.

Ken
--
The bicycle is just as good company as most husbands and, when it gets
old and shabby, a woman can dispose of it and get a new one without
Old January 18th 07, 09:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
D'ohBoy

Fabio wrote (in part):

Someone knows this bike ?? Can you tell your opinions about this brand ?

Good frame for the price IMO. Have a Fuji Professional (2005) that I
like quite a bit and is nicely stiff without being brutal under my 210
lb frame. I have ridden a hilly 200k with it and was fine with the
climbing AND the comfort. The 2006 versions use a heavier weight
carbon fabric that adds a few gms to the frame (C4, earlier is C7).
Built up with Record/Chorus and my 36 hole OP wheels it's about 16 lbs
(maybe less).

I would say, however, that visually there is something about the
geometry and tubing that puts me off. I look at it and something about
the angles and tubing sizes just doesn't appeal to my aesthetic. But
the ride is nice!

Crazy thing is you can get one of these frames (new or basically new)
for under $300 on ebay right now. The Team, Professional, and other
Fuji carbon bikes all have the same frame. Different components and
wheels.

D'ohBoy

Old January 18th 07, 10:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ken C. M.

D'ohBoy wrote:
Fabio wrote (in part):

Someone knows this bike ?? Can you tell your opinions about this brand ?

Good frame for the price IMO. Have a Fuji Professional (2005) that I
like quite a bit and is nicely stiff without being brutal under my 210
lb frame. I have ridden a hilly 200k with it and was fine with the
climbing AND the comfort. The 2006 versions use a heavier weight
carbon fabric that adds a few gms to the frame (C4, earlier is C7).
Built up with Record/Chorus and my 36 hole OP wheels it's about 16 lbs
(maybe less).

Very nice. Thats going to be my next ride. My bikes keep getting lighter
and lighter. Started with a 35lb mtb, went to a 30lb hybrid now I ride
my 22lb Fuji.

I would say, however, that visually there is something about the
geometry and tubing that puts me off. I look at it and something about
the angles and tubing sizes just doesn't appeal to my aesthetic. But
the ride is nice!

Crazy thing is you can get one of these frames (new or basically new)
for under $300 on ebay right now. The Team, Professional, and other
Fuji carbon bikes all have the same frame. Different components and
wheels.

D'ohBoy

thebay home of all things imitation and stolen.

Ken
Old January 19th 07, 02:58 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ozark Bicycle

Ken C. M. wrote:
D'ohBoy wrote:
Fabio wrote (in part):

[...]

More likely, the supply of these bikes exceeds the demand and the best
financial position is to strip them down, sell the components and sell
off the frames for what the market will bear. Hence, "basically new",
i.e., built up but never used frames.