OK to hit cyclists outside a cycle lane.

Old August 11th 08, 11:06 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
spindrift

Default OK to hit cyclists outside a cycle lane.

'OK' for car to hit cyclist outside cycle lane

http://www.camcycle.org.uk/newslette...article16.html

Very worrying.

Old August 11th 08, 11:13 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Daniel Barlow

spindrift writes:

http://www.camcycle.org.uk/newslette...article16.html

I assume you mean
http://www.camcycle.org.uk/newslette...article16.html

If so, there was a 400+ article thread about it a few weeks ago. See

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/uk....60adc17a?hl=en

for details

-dan
Old August 11th 08, 11:15 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
spindrift

I assume you meanhttp://www.camcycle.org.uk/newsletters/77/article16.html

If so, there was a 400+ article thread about it a few weeks ago. *See

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/uk....60adc17a?hl=en

for details

-dan

Whoops, sorry, I don't read UK Legal:

http://www.camcycle.org.uk/newslette...article16.html

Old August 11th 08, 11:26 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
judith

On Mon, 11 Aug 2008 11:13:24 +0100, Daniel Barlow
wrote:

spindrift writes:

http://www.camcycle.org.uk/newslette...article16.html

I assume you mean
http://www.camcycle.org.uk/newslette...article16.html

Yes - that'll be the one.

It's where the diagram differs from the photograph in respect of
positioning.

Still - what's a bit of accuracy in a case like this.

I notice that he hasn't made more of the footage available. I wonder
why that is?

Perhaps he selected the best stills for his purpose.

--
you can either promote cycling or promote helmets,the two are
incompatible.
Old August 11th 08, 11:48 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
J. Chisholm

wrote:

spindrift writes:

http://www.camcycle.org.uk/newslette...article16.html

I assume you mean
http://www.camcycle.org.uk/newslette...article16.html

Yes - that'll be the one.

It's where the diagram differs from the photograph in respect of
positioning.

Still - what's a bit of accuracy in a case like this.

I notice that he hasn't made more of the footage available. I wonder
why that is?

Perhaps he selected the best stills for his purpose.

No he didn't.

The Police now have copies of 'Cyclecraft' at the Collision Enquiry
Unit, as does the CPS Unit attached to Cambridgeshire Constabulary.
In addition some Officers within the force have been trained to 'Level
3' bikeability, and I believe all officers who ride bikes as part of
their duties will recieve some training. (This is likely to be a result
of H&S issues for officers)
In addition as part of the 'resolution' of my dispute, the cmplaint has
been reclassified from " complaint about individual conduct" to
"complaint about Constabulary policies and procedures."

I'm a believe in "cockup theory" rather than "consipracy theory", and I
think we are making progress in getting the Police to understand the issues.

I just wish people like Judith had more sense (or shut up).

Jim Chisholm
Old August 11th 08, 11:58 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
spindrift

wrote:

spindrift writes:

[...]

Jim Chisholm- Hide quoted text -

thanks Jim, my biggest worry was that this set a precedent.

It used to be fairly robustly thought that when a vehicle collides
with a vehicle in front then the driver behind is automatically at
fault.

That cycle lane is stupid.
Old August 11th 08, 11:58 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
judith

wrote:

spindrift writes:

http://www.camcycle.org.uk/newslette...article16.html
I assume you mean
http://www.camcycle.org.uk/newslette...article16.html

Yes - that'll be the one.

It's where the diagram differs from the photograph in respect of
positioning.

Still - what's a bit of accuracy in a case like this.

I notice that he hasn't made more of the footage available. I wonder
why that is?

Perhaps he selected the best stills for his purpose.

No he didn't.

snip

I just wish people like Judith had more sense (or shut up).

You're right - other people have no right coming in here and asking
pertinent questions.

Oh - you mean like not pointing out that the diagram was quite
different from the photograph. Any idea why that was?

Any chance of making the full CCTV footage available. I must say it
seems odd that you haven't. I think you can as long as there is no
commercial gain.

Why don't you put the cctv on utube or similar? - then we can all
judge what happened.

Old August 11th 08, 11:59 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
dkahn400

Unlikely, Jim. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet).

--
Dave...
Old August 11th 08, 12:07 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
spindrift

wrote:

spindrift writes:

[...]

-- *
you can either promote cycling or promote helmets,the two are
incompatible.
I encourage my children to wear helmets. *Some evidence shows that
helmeted cyclists are more likely to hit their heads; other evidence
suggests that helmets are largely ineffective against the rotational
forces implicated in the worst brain injuries.
(Guy 'Liar' Chapman)- Hide quoted text -

The diagram is the same as the picture, and you are able to view the
footage by contacting the cyclist- the link's on the webpage above
that you obviously haven't read properly.

Old August 11th 08, 12:26 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
J. Chisholm

wrote:
spindrift writes:
[...]

If you were a regular user you would understand the need.

The other day a daft motorist failed to read or comprehend the N notices
and drove up to the raised bollard. Of course it didn't lower, but then
an equally daft taxi driver drove up close behind, followed by a bus,
which of course could not know the first vehicle wasn't a taxi. They
then all had to slowly reverse to allow the first driver out.
I just sped by in the 'by-pass' lane on my bike.

Jim