new bike lane hazard

Old March 2nd 20, 10:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default new bike lane hazard

Bike lane destroys intellectual capacity of all involved:

https://nypost.com/2020/03/02/watch-...lane-argument/

Not to mention civility.
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old March 2nd 20, 11:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_2_]

On Monday, March 2, 2020 at 1:58:53 PM UTC-8, AMuzi wrote:
Bike lane destroys intellectual capacity of all involved:

https://nypost.com/2020/03/02/watch-...lane-argument/

Not to mention civility.
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

I think that it more accurately said that "smartphone removes all smarts".
Old March 3rd 20, 04:07 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

On Monday, 2 March 2020 16:58:53 UTC-5, AMuzi wrote:
Bike lane destroys intellectual capacity of all involved:

https://nypost.com/2020/03/02/watch-...lane-argument/

Not to mention civility.
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

Since the motorized unicycle was damaged, Tran should have notified the police then and there.

Cheers
Old March 3rd 20, 07:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 3/2/2020 10:07 PM, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
On Monday, 2 March 2020 16:58:53 UTC-5, AMuzi wrote:
Bike lane destroys intellectual capacity of all involved:

https://nypost.com/2020/03/02/watch-...lane-argument/

Not to mention civility.
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

Since the motorized unicycle was damaged, Tran should have notified the police then and there.

I get the sense that NYC cyclists need to be careful before engaging the
NYCPD. It sounds like their cops have a heavy tendency to be prejudiced
against bikes.

It seems pretty well documented that after a motorist's fault kills a
bicyclist in a certain location, they tend to set up stings there
against cyclists instead of motorists.

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old March 3rd 20, 10:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Tuesday, March 3, 2020 at 12:02:41 PM UTC-6, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 3/2/2020 10:07 PM, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
On Monday, 2 March 2020 16:58:53 UTC-5, AMuzi wrote:
Bike lane destroys intellectual capacity of all involved:

https://nypost.com/2020/03/02/watch-...lane-argument/

Not to mention civility.
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

Since the motorized unicycle was damaged, Tran should have notified the police then and there.

I get the sense that NYC cyclists need to be careful before engaging the
NYCPD. It sounds like their cops have a heavy tendency to be prejudiced
against bikes.

Imagine a black cyclist. I suspect they would need to have the mortician prepaid, tell the minister to have a eulogy already written, and have the cemetery pre-dig the hole, before starting on a ride.

Old March 3rd 20, 11:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jOHN b.

On Tue, 3 Mar 2020 13:02:38 -0500, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

On 3/2/2020 10:07 PM, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
On Monday, 2 March 2020 16:58:53 UTC-5, AMuzi wrote:
Bike lane destroys intellectual capacity of all involved:

https://nypost.com/2020/03/02/watch-...lane-argument/

Not to mention civility.
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

Since the motorized unicycle was damaged, Tran should have notified the police then and there.

I get the sense that NYC cyclists need to be careful before engaging the
NYCPD. It sounds like their cops have a heavy tendency to be prejudiced
against bikes.

It seems pretty well documented that after a motorist's fault kills a
bicyclist in a certain location, they tend to set up stings there
against cyclists instead of motorists.

But Frank, if we can get the bicycles off the streets we will have
eliminated 854 bicycle deaths (2018) a year.
That is nearly 15 times the fatalities of the worse mass shooting in
the history of the United States. And it happens every year!
--
cheers,

John B.

Old March 4th 20, 01:26 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
news18

On Wed, 04 Mar 2020 05:33:26 +0700, John B. wrote:

But Frank, if we can get the bicycles off the streets we will have
eliminated 854 bicycle deaths (2018) a year.

Now, if you could get the private motor car off the streets, then you'd
save over 32,000 deahts and over 2million injuries per year.

That is nearly 15 times the fatalities of the worse mass shooting in the
history of the United States. And it happens every year!

You can do the maths.

Old March 4th 20, 01:49 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jOHN b.

On Wed, 4 Mar 2020 00:26:24 -0000 (UTC), news18
wrote:

On Wed, 04 Mar 2020 05:33:26 +0700, John B. wrote:

But Frank, if we can get the bicycles off the streets we will have
eliminated 854 bicycle deaths (2018) a year.

Now, if you could get the private motor car off the streets, then you'd
save over 32,000 deahts and over 2million injuries per year.

Ah... but the auto is essential. How else would the kids get to
school?

You can't possibly expect them to walk, could you? You do understand,
I hope, that nearly every state has a law regarding cruelty to
children which usually contains definitions similar to that of
Wyoming, "inflicting or causing of physical or mental injury".

Old March 4th 20, 02:16 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
news18

wrote:

On Wed, 04 Mar 2020 05:33:26 +0700, John B. wrote:

But Frank, if we can get the bicycles off the streets we will have
eliminated 854 bicycle deaths (2018) a year.

Now, if you could get the private motor car off the streets, then you'd
save over 32,000 deahts and over 2million injuries per year.

Ah... but the auto is essential.

Your logic falls down on that. Tnankfully it isn't.

How else would the kids get to school?

Home schooling; given modern technology, it should get a major boost ths
year with the new flu.

You can't possibly expect them to walk, could you? You do understand,
I hope, that nearly every state has a law regarding cruelty to children
which usually contains definitions similar to that of Wyoming,
"inflicting or causing of physical or mental injury".

If denying exerise to prisioners is seen as torture, why it is different
to children.

Here, today is a wonderful day for children to walk to school. the skey
is grey and full of rising damp with lots of pubbles to jump in a log the
way. Only missing the deep ice covered ones that infested the farm road
of my childhood. Frozen feet for a day certainly aided learning.

Old March 4th 20, 03:41 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jOHN b.

wrote:

[...]

Economics and perceived wealth. Do you want your kid(s) to be the only
ones in school perceived to come from such a poor family that they
cannot be driven to school? Will your son invite a girl to the Junior
Prom and pick her up on a bicycle? Can you imagine his date, in her
evening dress, side saddle on the top tube with her slippers in her
hand?

My God! The mental trauma of children brought up under those
conditions is almost impossible to imagine.