Cocker 36 " crank size

Old August 11th 05, 02:57 PM
Peter

Default Cocker 36 " crank size

Hi Girls,

I would like buy a cocker.

What for a good crank size can i get?

thanks Peter

Old August 11th 05, 04:03 PM
Gilby

For first timers on a Coker, the best size is probably 140 or 150 mm
cranks. Once you get good, you may want to switch to 125 mm, depending
on the type of riding you're doing.

--
Gilby - Unicyclist.com Webmaster
Gilby's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1

Old August 11th 05, 04:08 PM
S_Wallis

Gilby, I am surprised you fell for that.

--
S_Wallis - MUni-motivated, Distance-curious

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn
how to do it." Pablo Picasso
S_Wallis's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1520

Old August 11th 05, 06:59 PM
johnfoss

"You can yank me, and you can crank me.
But don't ya wake up, and don't ya thank me baby.

-- Ted Nugent

--
johnfoss - More Moab Fun

John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone

"Read the rules!" -- 'IUF Rulebook'

Old August 11th 05, 07:28 PM
Gilby

S_Wallis wrote:
*Gilby, I am surprised you fell for that. *

Yeah, I thought it was a joke at first, but it was posted from the
newsgroup by a familiar email address, a german unicyclist. So I gave
the benefit of the doubt and gave a brief answer.

Old August 15th 05, 02:02 PM
Peter

Thanks Gilby,
I get 114, after my crash by downhill this morning.
I think 114 is to smal.

S_Wally: Gilby, I am surprised you fell for that.

what is your problem?

Peter

Old August 15th 05, 10:27 PM
peter.bier

Peter wrote:
*
S_Wally: Gilby, I am surprised you fell for that.

what is your problem?

Peter *[/color]

I think they were a little confused by your spelling of coker (cocker
sounds to similar to cock which is rather rude english slang) and the
fact that you addressed your message to girls.

114mm is a very short length for coker cranks. For long distance road
riding I use 125mm cranks on my coker. I know Ken Looi uses shorter
than that some times, but only if the terrain warrants it. He also has
the advantage of a lighter than usual coker wheel because of all the
upgrades to his coker.

According to Ken converting your coker wheel to a tubeless system,
replacing the spokes with lighter weight ones and using an airfoil rim
allows you to end up with a lighter wheel that will handle shorter
cranks better.

eg if you are happy with 125mm cranks and then make the above changers
to your coker, you will probably be able to use 114mm cranks.

For a relatively new unicyclist I would recommend 150mm cranks until you
get used to riding a big wheel.

For an experienced rider who has ridden a 28" wheel I would recommend
going straight to 125mm cranks.

--
peter.bier - Posting since 97

-Peter Bier

peter.bier's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1506

Old August 15th 05, 11:09 PM
mscalisi

Lets see.

His name is Peter (nickname for phallus)
He asks about a cocker (phallic) crank (phallic) size.

...then asks the "girls" what he can "get" with a "good crank size"

...then he mentions how 114" (4.5") is small. (which it kinda is).

I'm still working on my interpretation of "crash by downhill this
morning"

peter.bier wrote:
[...]

mscalisi - Not such a newbie anymore
mscalisi's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4961

Old August 15th 05, 11:14 PM
Mikefule

mscalisi wrote:
* (4.5") is small. (which it kinda is).
*

Why, how thick are they normally?

--
Mikefule - Roland Hope School of Unicycling

http://www.dolphin-morris.co.uk/

Old August 15th 05, 11:18 PM
mscalisi

Mikefule wrote:
*Why, how thick are they normally? *

LOL!!!

We ARE talking about crank arms aren't we?

--
mscalisi - Not such a newbie anymore
mscalisi's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4961

Just snapped 20-yr-old crank arm... Jeff Potter Techniques 34 June 8th 04 04:22 AM
Longer crankarms Jiyang Chen Racing 129 March 18th 04 01:37 PM
Kooka crank surgery TonyMelton Unicycling 1 October 20th 03 10:35 PM
crank size and freemounting ubersquish Unicycling 3 August 23rd 03 09:20 AM