Apparently all serious cyclists

Old April 26th 06, 01:10 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.misc,ba.bicycles,rec.bicycles.racing

Default Apparently all serious cyclists

Bob wrote:
Bill Baka wrote:

That must make me a major Fred, hairy legs, long hair, no helmet, and
often a very non aero beard.
I can't go fast that way but all the wind drag gets me some good workouts.
Bill (Phred?) Baka

Don't worry, Bill. You could remove every hair from your body and wear
the latest, hippest, eurogear with matching helmet and everyone here
would *still* know you're a Fred. ;-)

Regards,
Bob Hunt

Yeah,
But a Fred who gets his exercise the way he likes.
Bill
Old April 26th 06, 05:42 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.misc,ba.bicycles,rec.bicycles.racing

John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:

I ask you again -- have you performed a massage on a hairy leg and a
smooth leg? If so, what did you find?

I don't know why, but that just disturbs me... whatever it is, I'm
pretty sure I don't want to find it... ;-)

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $795 ti frame
Old April 26th 06, 05:54 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.misc,ba.bicycles,rec.bicycles.racing

"Slack" wrote in message
newsp.s8hwg3itumctv2@slacker...
On Fri, 21 Apr 2006 17:43:05 -0700, Fred wrote:

Do I get any credit for shaving my crotch?
_____

Yep, if you are a porn star of either sex

Old April 26th 06, 11:05 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.misc,ba.bicycles,rec.bicycles.racing

On 21 Apr 2006 17:43:05 -0700, "Fred" wrote:

Apparently all serious cyclists shave their legs.
Being one of 3 unrepentant cyclists at our club
races who havent bothered I would like to know why?

Because painting racing stripes on their helmets would add too much
weight.
--
Typoes are a feature, not a bug.
Old April 26th 06, 11:08 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.misc,ba.bicycles,rec.bicycles.racing

On Fri, 21 Apr 2006 22:18:54 -0700, LioNiNoiL_a t_Y a h 0 0_d 0 t_c 0
m wrote:

As for why those "serious cyclists" shave their legs, I have no idea. As
a bearded man since before many of them were born, I haven't figured out
why they shave their faces, much less their legs.

For some of us, a beard is just a massive itch.
--
Typoes are a feature, not a bug.
Old April 26th 06, 11:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,ba.bicycles,rec.bicycles.racing

On 22 Apr 2006 17:46:07 -0700, "JD" wrote:

Fred wrote:
Apparently all serious cyclists shave their legs.
Being one of 3 unrepentant cyclists at our club
races who havent bothered I would like to know why?

Why is this garbage cross-posted into a mountain biking newsgroup?

Misplaced expression of Ptolemaic orthodoxy?
--
Typoes are a feature, not a bug.
Old April 26th 06, 11:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,ba.bicycles,rec.bicycles.racing

Fred wrote:
Apparently all serious cyclists shave their legs.
Being one of 3 unrepentant cyclists at our club
races who havent bothered I would like to know why?

Why is this garbage cross-posted into a mountain biking newsgroup?

Misplaced expression of Ptolemaic orthodoxy?

Dammit. Stole my answer.

Old April 27th 06, 12:31 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,ba.bicycles,rec.bicycles.racing

Fred wrote:
Apparently all serious cyclists shave their legs.
Being one of 3 unrepentant cyclists at our club
races who havent bothered I would like to know why?

Why is this garbage cross-posted into a mountain biking newsgroup?

Misplaced expression of Ptolemaic orthodoxy?

Isn't that an awful lot of polysyllabic terms for the mountain biking
newsgroup?

Old April 27th 06, 12:53 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.misc,ba.bicycles,rec.bicycles.racing

Werehatrack wrote:

For some of us, a beard is just a massive itch.

For some a beard means never having to wonder, "What did I have for dinner
last night?"

Invisible Cyclists in Solstice Dark Elisa Francesca Roselli UK 787 January 31st 06 08:42 AM
Gobsmacked wafflycat UK 63 January 4th 06 06:50 PM
published helmet research - not troll patrick Racing 1790 November 8th 04 03:16 AM