Apparently all serious cyclists

Old April 23rd 06, 03:02 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.misc,ba.bicycles,rec.bicycles.racing

Default Apparently all serious cyclists

Shawn wrote:
(PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per Fred:

I would like to know why?

The reason I used to hear was infection.

You go down, lose a bunch of skin, and it's easier to clean up and
there's less
chance of infection if it's shaved.

A friend of mine was chastised by an ER doc for *not* shaving his legs,
when he got cleaned up from a particularly bad fall.
But... How often do non-racers get road rash? Yeah if you're a clod.
I haven't bothered for 15 years (since I quit racing).

Shawn

About once every ten years, as of today. That streak on the road around
the corner wasn't dirty water after all. It was restaurant grease. Yum!

I feel so legitimate. Nearly 3000 miles on that bike, and it was its
first crash (not counting intentional ditching or tip-overs).

I have nothing but contempt and anger for those who betray the
trust by exposing the name of our sources. They are, in my view,
the most insidious of traitors."
George H.W. Bush, April 16, 1999,
Old April 23rd 06, 03:39 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.misc,ba.bicycles,rec.bicycles.racing

wrote in message
Shawn who? writes:

I would like to know why?

The reason I used to hear was infection.

You go down, lose a bunch of skin, and it's easier to clean up and
there's less chance of infection if it's shaved.

That's the old excuse for men who fear being tagged as being gay for
their pretty legs.

http://www.sheldonbrown.com/brandt/shaving.html

You post your opinions as if they were fact.

Old April 23rd 06, 04:05 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.misc,ba.bicycles,rec.bicycles.racing

That's why my close male friend in Mont shaves his. He says it's
sexier that way and he gets more waves and whistles from the ladies as
they drive by.

Old April 23rd 06, 04:21 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.misc,ba.bicycles,rec.bicycles.racing

Frank Drackman wrote (of ):

You post your opinions as if they were fact.

In other breaking news, the sun rose in the east today.

:-P

Old April 23rd 06, 10:48 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.misc,ba.bicycles,rec.bicycles.racing

Bill Baka wrote:

Bill (Phred?) Baka

Wot, not Freewheelin' Frank?
--
Regards
Alex
Old April 23rd 06, 07:22 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.misc,ba.bicycles,rec.bicycles.racing

wrote:
Shawn who? writes:

I would like to know why?

The reason I used to hear was infection.

You go down, lose a bunch of skin, and it's easier to clean up and
there's less chance of infection if it's shaved.

That's the old excuse for men who fear being tagged as being gay for
their pretty legs.

http://www.sheldonbrown.com/brandt/shaving.html

A friend of mine was chastised by an ER doc for *not* shaving his
legs, when he got cleaned up from a particularly bad fall.
But... How often do non-racers get road rash? Yeah if you're a
clod. I haven't bothered for 15 years (since I quit racing).

What a dork. That technician must have been a leg shaving bikie
himself, justifying his own fears.

Technician? He was a doctor of medicine.

Shawn

Old April 23rd 06, 10:12 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.misc,ba.bicycles,rec.bicycles.racing

I thought they were maybe drag queens by night, road racers by day.
I don't depilitate anymore, but I used to shave or buzz. I waxed once
but that was more painful than listening to Rumsfeld.
BTW, did y'all get the wierd "Coochie Shaving" ads in the right hand
column too? Bikers speak, Google listens.
RB

Fred wrote:
Apparently all serious cyclists shave their legs.
Being one of 3 unrepentant cyclists at our club
races who havent bothered I would like to know why?

Old April 24th 06, 01:25 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.misc,ba.bicycles,rec.bicycles.racing

Kyle Legate wrote:
Shawn wrote:

A friend of mine was chastised by an ER doc for *not* shaving his
legs, when he got cleaned up from a particularly bad fall.
But... How often do non-racers get road rash? Yeah if you're a
clod. I haven't bothered for 15 years (since I quit racing).

What a dork. That technician must have been a leg shaving bikie
himself, justifying his own fears.

Technician? He was a doctor of medicine.

Human technician.

Well OK, although IMO there's too much art involved for that to be
strictly accurate.

Shawn
Old April 24th 06, 05:37 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.misc,ba.bicycles,rec.bicycles.racing

On Fri, 21 Apr 2006 17:43:05 -0700, Fred wrote:

Apparently all serious cyclists shave their legs.
Being one of 3 unrepentant cyclists at our club
races who havent bothered I would like to know why?

Do I get any credit for shaving my crotch?
_____
Slack

Invisible Cyclists in Solstice Dark Elisa Francesca Roselli UK 787 January 31st 06 08:42 AM
Gobsmacked wafflycat UK 63 January 4th 06 06:50 PM
published helmet research - not troll patrick Racing 1790 November 8th 04 03:16 AM
Mail on Sunday andy w UK 92 October 27th 03 12:42 PM