What hub is this? & Rotor adapters?

Old September 12th 09, 06:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike
DaveC

Default What hub is this? & Rotor adapters?

R. hub, Shimano "XT Deore". It has a spline at the non-drive end for disc
rotor attachment. This is not the 24-spline type but the many-more file-pitch
spline.

This rotor attachment isn't "center lock", what is it called? Just "Shimano
type"?

I'm looking for an adapter to ISO 6-bolt rotors. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Old September 12th 09, 06:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike
Tosspot[_2_]

DaveC wrote:
R. hub, Shimano "XT Deore". It has a spline at the non-drive end for disc
rotor attachment. This is not the 24-spline type but the many-more file-pitch
spline.

This rotor attachment isn't "center lock", what is it called? Just "Shimano
type"?

I'm looking for an adapter to ISO 6-bolt rotors. Any suggestions?

I've used

http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/product-A...-CLK-17650.htm

And it works fine.

Also used the Problem Solvers one

http://www.jensonusa.com/store/produ...ock+To+Is.aspx

But didn't like it so much.
Old September 12th 09, 07:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike
DaveC

I've used

http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/product-A...-CLK-17650.htm

And it works fine.

My hub has the fine splines, but I don't see how a center-lock would attach.
The end of the hub is flush on the end of the splines. I do see threads
internal to the very end of the hub. Is this where the center-lock locking
ring attaches?

thanks.

Old September 12th 09, 07:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike
TT

On Sep 12, 11:09*am, DaveC wrote:
I've used

http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/product-A...Kit-AD-CLK-176...

Yes, see: http://techdocs.shimano.com/media/te...9830677325.pdf
Old September 12th 09, 07:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike
TT

On Sep 12, 11:09*am, DaveC wrote:
I've used

http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/product-A...Kit-AD-CLK-176...

And it works fine.

My hub has the fine splines, but I don't see how a center-lock would attach.
The end of the hub is flush on the end of the splines. I do see threads
internal to the very end of the hub. Is this where the center-lock locking
ring attaches?

thanks.

Or this one rather:
http://techdocs.shimano.com/media/te...9830625617.pdf
Old September 13th 09, 03:45 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike
DaveC

I bought a DT Swiss Center-Lock to ISO 6-bolt adapter and a new Avid G3 160
mm disc. It runs razor straight now.

Thanks for your help.

Presta adapters nash Techniques 16 October 31st 06 04:09 PM
front derailleur adapters? Brian S Techniques 6 January 20th 06 09:13 PM
Rail Adapters? pdc Unicycling 4 August 8th 05 11:37 AM
Magura Evolution adapters TheObieOne3226 Unicycling 5 January 31st 05 06:41 AM
Anyone used 1 1/8 to 1" headset adapters? res09c5t Marketplace 4 April 30th 04 03:39 AM