One Less F***ing Revhead

Old September 8th 06, 11:54 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Alan Erskine

Default One Less F***ing Revhead

"cogcontrol" wrote in
message ...

http://www.abc.net.au/sport/content/200609/s1736510.htm

I should sympathise and I guess I do a little but sorry, my
overwhelming reaction is - One Less F***ing Revhead setting a bad
example.

I don't recall Brocky ever getting any bad press for speeding. In fact,
Peter Brock was a champion not just on the race course, but also a champion
for driving safety. Brock retired from professional racing in 1997, but
continued racing 'privately'. I will always remember him racing at Bathurst
in the little Torana going around the esses on three wheels (due to the
cambre of the road).

Peter Brock died doing what he loved; he was on a closed road; he was a
professional driver; he was one of the best drivers ever produced in
Australia and I, along with most Australians will miss him.

--
Alan Erskine

Old September 8th 06, 11:55 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Jono L

cogcontrol Wrote:
IS NO EXCUSE for shutting public roads for revheads to show off their
cars and 'skills'
Why? You'd prefer them to race on open roads?

--
Jono L

Old September 8th 06, 12:04 PM posted to aus.bicycle
stevebaby

cogcontrol Wrote:
I probably know as much about the man as you do, but in my mind there IS
NO EXCUSE for shutting public roads for revheads to show off their cars
and 'skills' if they restricted their activities to the race I dont
have any problems at all.

If Peter Brock was that serious about safety and courtesy on the road
he would not have raced on public roads, setting the example of every
revhead to follow.

CCSo..public roads should be closed to bike races too?

Yes or no?

--
stevebaby

Old September 8th 06, 12:26 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Katharine & Paul

I remember Peter Brock once on 60 minutes talking about the rights of
cyclists to use the road, and demonstrating to drivers how they should look
out for cyclists.

He was our best friend in the article, while Bill Tuckey was mouthing off
all kinds of dribble against cyclists.

If you want to have a go at a motor racing person, you are doing it to the
wrong one, and at the wrong time.

Paul

"cogcontrol" wrote in
message ...

http://www.abc.net.au/sport/content/200609/s1736510.htm

I should sympathise and I guess I do a little but sorry, my
overwhelming reaction is - One Less F***ing Revhead setting a bad
example.

CC

--
cogcontrol

Old September 8th 06, 12:26 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Hitchy

cogcontrol=farkwit!....or are you Germaine Greer incognito?...cretin!

--
Hitchy

Old September 8th 06, 12:29 PM posted to aus.bicycle
cogcontrol

stevebaby Wrote:
So..public roads should be closed to bike races too?
Yes or no?I am not a bike racer so am ambivalent about public roads being shut for

bike races and is not relevant to my point that racing on a public road
makes a total mockery of all the anti speeding campaigns. It makes as
much sense as shutting a public road for drink driving.

These two factors being the biggest contributing factors to fatal
accidents on our roads.

The biggest consequence of shutting roads for bike races or triathlons
is a few inconvienced car drivers.

CC

--
cogcontrol

Old September 8th 06, 12:40 PM posted to aus.bicycle
stevebaby

cogcontrol Wrote:
I am not a bike racer so am ambivalent about public roads being shut for
bike races and is not relevant to my point that racing on a public road
makes a total mockery of all the anti speeding campaigns. It makes as
much sense as shutting a public road for drink driving.

These two factors being the biggest contributing factors to fatal
accidents on our roads.

The biggest consequence of shutting roads for bike races or triathlons
is a few inconvienced car drivers.

CCIf the road is closed for racing then it is no longer a "public

road".Fool.
Peter Brock campaigned long and hard against drink-driving all his life
and championed the rights of cyclists.
You have not the faintest idea what you are talking about.
Please follow my earlier advice.

--
stevebaby

Old September 8th 06, 01:07 PM posted to aus.bicycle
matagi

cogcontrol Wrote:
http://www.abc.net.au/sport/content/200609/s1736510.htm

I should sympathise and I guess I do a little but sorry, my
overwhelming reaction is - One Less F***ing Revhead setting a bad
example.

CC

I think you picked the wrong racing driver to vent your spleen upon.
As a number of other posters have pointed out, Peter Brock campaigned
against drink driving and was very active and vocal on the topic of
road safety and the rights of cyclists.

Had he been active in the illegal street drag racing scene and a
habitual drink driver, you sentiments might have made sense. As it
stands, you merely look like fool.

And no, I am not a Peter Brock fan.

--
matagi

Old September 8th 06, 01:56 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Jono L

I think idiot of the year is sorted. Next...

--
Jono L