Tube for 26x3" Duro

Old March 2nd 07, 06:07 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
jrdugueod

Default Tube for 26x3" Duro

UDC is out of all tubes for this. Don't want to order just a $10 tube
from other suppliers and pay $7 to ship it. My LBS has a Maxxis
downhill tube that lists it as sized for 2.5 to 2.7". LBS said it
would be perfect. Anyone have an opinion on this? The Nokian gazz
tube lists as sized for 2.1 to 3", so it seems like the Maxxis should
work.

--
jrdugueod

"Whether you think you can or you can't, you're right!"
jrdugueod's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12054

Old March 2nd 07, 09:23 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
pdc

I think you would be fine with that. You could probably even use a 3 x
24" tube.

--
pdc

"What doesn't kill you strengthens you, what kills you strengthens your
mother"
pdc's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8160

Old March 3rd 07, 03:43 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Geeta

You are okay. I had a hilarious experience blowing up my old tube when
I got a fatter tire. I just went to the closest mountain bike shop and
they said it's not rocket science. If it's too small it gets too thin
and blows up. Get close to your tire size and you're fine.

--
Geeta
Geeta's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12775

Old March 3rd 07, 03:54 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Chris.James

dont quote me here, but i believe if you have a tube that is of the
right diameter it will generally work. Just know that if you have one
that is thin it will burst.

--
Chris.James

"Thats my favorite thing about unicycling, I can eat oreos while
riding!" ~Me

dforbes wrote:
Well, boys and girls, this is what separates us from the gods; Kris goes
riding and has to worry about landing on naked ladies - you and I have
to watch we don't land in dog poop.....

Chris.James's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14072

Old March 3rd 07, 04:15 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
entropy

Chris.James wrote:
dont quote me here, but i believe if you have a tube that is of the
right diameter it will generally work. Just know that if you have one
that is thin it will burst.

Yep, ballpark width is good enough. You can also go between wheel
diameters. 24x3 on a 26 will be tight, but certainly acceptable.

--
entropy

Shut up and ride.
entropy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5816

Old March 3rd 07, 04:41 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
ntappin

Do you only have one LBS? It may be worth a call to the others in town.
You can still use a smaller tube but you will be much more likely to
get a flat with it.

--
ntappin

'how to build a strong comfy saddle from junk.'
(http://tinyurl.com/hxcb3)