Just how worthless is ARBR?

Old February 16th 08, 12:03 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Tom Sherman[_2_]

Default Just how worthless is ARBR?

Edward Dolan wrote:
I would like to propose that ARBR is the most worthless newsgroup that has
ever existed. There is no one on it except for a stalker (Jim McNamara), a
jokester (Tom Sherman) and a cretinous lout (Harry Brogan of Lincoln,
Nebraska). I defy anyone to find me a more worthless newsgroup!

Was ARBR ever any good? Well, at one time in the long ago it was not too bad
provided you could overlook all the Bush bashing. By the time Ed Dolan the
Great had cleaned out this Augean stable there were damn few intelligent
souls left. It may be that Bryant Ball of BROL was right in that only
liberals will post to a newsgroup.[...]

That should be "Bryan Ball", not "Bryant Ball".

The group was much better during the Clinton Administration. The
divisiveness of the US introduced with the Bush II campaign started the
decline.

Old February 16th 08, 01:31 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Edward Dolan

"Tom Sherman" wrote in message
Edward Dolan wrote:
I would like to propose that ARBR is the most worthless newsgroup that
has ever existed. There is no one on it except for a stalker (Jim
McNamara), a jokester (Tom Sherman) and a cretinous lout (Harry Brogan of
Lincoln, Nebraska). I defy anyone to find me a more worthless newsgroup!

Was ARBR ever any good? Well, at one time in the long ago it was not too
bad provided you could overlook all the Bush bashing. By the time Ed
Dolan the Great had cleaned out this Augean stable there were damn few
intelligent souls left. It may be that Bryant Ball of BROL was right in
that only liberals will post to a newsgroup.[...]

That should be "Bryan Ball", not "Bryant Ball".

The group was much better during the Clinton Administration. The
divisiveness of the US introduced with the Bush II campaign started the
decline.

That was before my time here on ARBR, but I suspect all of Usenet has been
steadily going downhill from day one. I like the Groucho Marx comment that
he would not belong to a group that would have him. That sure does describe
all of Usenet. I go along with Somerset Maugham who said he was not a
clubbable man.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

ARBR - RIP Papa Tom Recumbent Biking 0 February 15th 08 09:51 PM
Q. How worthless are 29ers and SSs? â–€Slack Mountain Biking 6 October 3rd 07 06:36 PM
Little ARBR vs. Big RBM Edward Dolan General 9 April 19th 06 05:52 PM