Keirin bosses bribe UCI

Old July 28th 08, 12:32 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Amit Ghosh

Default Keirin bosses bribe UCI

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/7525072.stm

Old July 28th 08, 12:58 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bill C

On Jul 27, 7:32*pm, Amit Ghosh wrote:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/7525072.stm

Beat me to it. It's amazing the audience doesn't chant "Liar"
everytime these folks speak. Jim and Tammy-Fay Baker would be ashamed
of this crap.
Bill C
Old July 28th 08, 01:02 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Jul 28, 1:32 am, Amit Ghosh wrote:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/7525072.stm

That makes me wonder who paid for the removal of the kilometer ITT.

-ilan
Old July 28th 08, 01:53 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
John Dacey

On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 17:02:42 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Jul 28, 1:32 am, Amit Ghosh wrote:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/7525072.stm

That makes me wonder who paid for the removal of the kilometer ITT.

-ilan

The bmx keiretsu.
-------------------------------
John Dacey
Business Cycles, Miami, Florida
Since 1983 (our 25th year!)
Our catalog of track equipment: online since 1996
Phone: 305-273-4440
http://www.businesscycles.com
-------------------------------
Old July 28th 08, 02:27 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
hizark21

On Jul 27, 4:32*pm, Amit Ghosh wrote:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/7525072.stm

I am not necessarily opposed to introducing Kerin to the Olympics. But
having a new event at such a late date is unfair to other countries.
So this is where the conflict of interest is.

Old July 28th 08, 03:51 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
ST[_2_]

On 7/27/08 5:02 PM, in article
,
" wrote:

On Jul 28, 1:32 am, Amit Ghosh wrote:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/7525072.stm

That makes me wonder who paid for the removal of the kilometer ITT.

-ilan

How much did they pay to get that BMX crap in?

Old July 28th 08, 04:11 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Howard Kveck

In article ,
hizark21 wrote:

On Jul 27, 4:32*pm, Amit Ghosh wrote:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/7525072.stm

I am not necessarily opposed to introducing Kerin to the Olympics. But
having a new event at such a late date is unfair to other countries.
So this is where the conflict of interest is.

Charles, the keirin has been in the Olympics since 2000, and part of the world
track scene for years before that. I'm not sure what unfairness you're talking about.

--
tanx,
Howard

The bloody pubs are bloody dull
The bloody clubs are bloody full
Of bloody girls and bloody guys
With bloody murder in their eyes

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?
Old July 28th 08, 04:12 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Howard Kveck

In article ,
wrote:

On Jul 28, 1:32 am, Amit Ghosh wrote:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/7525072.stm

That makes me wonder who paid for the removal of the kilometer ITT.

I wouldn't think the BMX crowd has quite as much clout dollarwise as the keirin
people.

Old July 28th 08, 04:22 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Kurgan Gringioni

On Jul 27, 4:32*pm, Amit Ghosh wrote:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/7525072.stm

Dumbass -

Only truly ignorant or truly naive people are surprised when it's
suggested that money has influence in politics.

Some will claim that sports are not politics, but any sport big enough
to necessitate a governing body to function will be political to some
degree. The bigger the governing body, the more political it will be.

It's just part of the human condition. Bureaucracies are, by nature,
political.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.
Old July 28th 08, 05:32 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

In article ,
John Dacey wrote:

On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 17:02:42 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Jul 28, 1:32 am, Amit Ghosh wrote:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/7525072.stm

That makes me wonder who paid for the removal of the kilometer ITT.

-ilan

The bmx keiretsu.

Oh how you laugh. Laugh that is, until the mob sets up pari-mutuel
windows at your kid's BMX track!

Really, it would be ideally suited to gambling,