Perfect holiday gift

Old December 3rd 04, 03:07 PM
Karen M.

Default Perfect holiday gift

It's a POLICE (reflector) jacket. Too bad it's all black...but it'd be
fun to wear in traffic and watch the reactions.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEWA:IT

--Karen M.
Old December 3rd 04, 06:16 PM
do not spam

In article ,
Karen M. wrote:
It's a POLICE (reflector) jacket. Too bad it's all black...but it'd be
fun to wear in traffic and watch the reactions.

What would happen if a real cop sees you wearing that?
Old December 3rd 04, 06:54 PM
maxo

On Fri, 03 Dec 2004 18:16:07 +0000, do not spam wrote:

In article ,
Karen M. wrote:
It's a POLICE (reflector) jacket. Too bad it's all black...but it'd be
fun to wear in traffic and watch the reactions.

What would happen if a real cop sees you wearing that?

She'll arrest you and charge you with impersonating a police officer.

Old December 3rd 04, 08:59 PM
Bill Baka

On Fri, 3 Dec 2004 18:16:07 +0000 (UTC), do not spam wrote:

In article ,
Karen M. wrote:
It's a POLICE (reflector) jacket. Too bad it's all black...but it'd be
fun to wear in traffic and watch the reactions.

What would happen if a real cop sees you wearing that?

I have one and so far on a bike I have gotten a few waves accompanied by
strange looks but nothing more. It is a real CHP jacket since my friends
father gave it to me before he died of lung failure. (Macho cop + cigs).

--
Bill (?) Baka
Old December 3rd 04, 09:06 PM
Bill Baka

Karen M. wrote:
It's a POLICE (reflector) jacket. Too bad it's all black...but it'd be
fun to wear in traffic and watch the reactions.

What would happen if a real cop sees you wearing that?

She'll arrest you and charge you with impersonating a police officer.

As I said I have one, the real deal, from a now deceased CHP officer and
have never been called on it. I took the little badge thingies off.

--
Bill (?) Baka
Old December 3rd 04, 09:31 PM
maxo

Karen M. wrote:
It's a POLICE (reflector) jacket. Too bad it's all black...but it'd be
fun to wear in traffic and watch the reactions.

What would happen if a real cop sees you wearing that?

She'll arrest you and charge you with impersonating a police officer.

As I said I have one, the real deal, from a now deceased CHP officer and
have never been called on it. I took the little badge thingies off.

I'm surprised if it still says "police" on it. In Chicago you can buy used
leather cop jackets which are great for motorbikes, but if you leave the
insignia on you WILL get hassled or ticketed.

A warning would be fair enough in my book.

:P

Old December 3rd 04, 10:30 PM
Bill Baka

Karen M. wrote:
It's a POLICE (reflector) jacket. Too bad it's all black...but it'd
be
fun to wear in traffic and watch the reactions.

What would happen if a real cop sees you wearing that?

She'll arrest you and charge you with impersonating a police officer.

As I said I have one, the real deal, from a now deceased CHP officer and
have never been called on it. I took the little badge thingies off.

I'm surprised if it still says "police" on it. In Chicago you can buy
used
leather cop jackets which are great for motorbikes, but if you leave the
insignia on you WILL get hassled or ticketed.

A warning would be fair enough in my book.

:P

It doesn't say 'Police' on it. I don't think the CHP bike patrol units
ever did. I don't know and don't care since it is one hell of a good
jacket, thick, but warm and eats bristle bushes for lunch. I have
never even managed a tear in it after 15 years. I think the fact that
they are being worn by California Highway Patrol with bikes and bike
riding books kind of makes it obvious they are cops.

--
Bill (?) Baka

Cycling holiday this summer (04) ? Ben Lessani UK 15 July 15th 04 09:59 PM
Holiday in France Mark UK 53 April 2nd 04 09:02 AM
Holiday in Holland = Unicycling holiday! unicycleboy Unicycling 4 March 13th 04 03:01 PM