FS: Shimano 600 Ultegra gruppo (plus other)

Old July 25th 06, 03:36 AM posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace

Default FS: Shimano 600 Ultegra gruppo (plus other)

Unique opportunity to pick up a 7sp Shimano 600 Ultegra gruppo! I
bought the entire set (hubs, cranks, bb, brakes, levers, fd, rd) in
1990 when the 7 speed (gray finish) 600 Ultegra made it's debut. The
only thing not in this set is the head-set, as my Colnago already had a
Campy head-set.

As you might guess, since these parts were on a Colnago, the bottom
bracket is standard 70mm shell, Italian thread (115 spindle). The hubs
(32 hole) were laced up with Campagnolo Delta Strada Chromium clincher
rims. When I stripped the bike down recently, the 13-21 Hyperglide
cassette was still as supple as the day I had the frame built up and
shifted flawlessly using the RSX (very rare) 7sp STI shifters I bought
for a later up-grade.

For simplicity's sake, here's a listing of what I have to sell:
Shimano 600 Ultegra cranks 172.5 (53/42)
Shimano 600 Ultegra BB (70mm shell, 115 spindle, Italian thread)
Shimano 600 Ultegra front derailleur
Shimano 600 Ultegra rear derailleur (7sp)
Shimano 600 Ultegra hubs (still built up as described)
Shimano 600 Ultegra brakes

Original Shimano 600 Ultegra aero brake levers and downtube shifters
were later upgraded using RSX 7sp STI. I have all of these items,
including the downtube hardware/stops for the STI's.

These have seen several hundred miles of use, but have been maintained
meticulously. Some cosmetic blemishes (scratches on shift levers, etc.)
but no major damage/crash issues.

I'll be happy to provide pictures of everything. Any reasonable offers
considered. I would prefer to sell all together but will part out/Ebay
items as necessary. Thanks!!

Old July 26th 06, 04:49 AM posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace

PBudd wrote:
Asking price?? Thanks

Thanks for your kind reply. I just assumed that folks would reference
the modern day benchmark for used-item pricing at Ebay. Prices below
are what these items have recently fetched at auction. In order not to
muck up the post with all the completed item auction links, I have only
included the one for the downtube shifters, as that was the most
unbelievable to me. If you doubt the veracity of these prices or think
I may have inflated them, I'll be happy to post the links.

Shimano 600 Ultegra cranks 172.5 arm length (53/42 rings) -- approx.$46
Shimano 600 Ultegra BB (70mm shell, 115 spindle, Italian thread) -
approx. $30
Shimano 600 Ultegra front derailleur (clamp on) - approx. $23
Shimano 600 Ultegra rear derailleur (7sp) - aprox. $18
Shimano 600 Ultegra hubs (still built up as described) - approx. $60
(plus Campy rims and original skewers!)
Shimano 600 Ultegra aero levers -- approx.$32
Shimano 600 Ultegra brakes -- approx.$60
Shimano RSX 7sp STI (for double rings) -- $90
Shimano 600 Ultegra down-tube shifters -- $32
http://cgi.ebay.com/Shimano-600-Ulte...QQcmdZViewItem

All this together is somewhere over $400. Of course, this includes
single items and single item shipping, but since this is what I might
expect to get via the Ebay venue, it's a fair estimate. Of course, I
don't expect that $32 for the downtube shifters is typical, but hey.
For all these items in great shape and well-maintained -- let's call it
$375 shipped (in the lower 48).