Omega Pharma - Quick Step

Old October 3rd 11, 07:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour[_2_]

Default Omega Pharma - Quick Step

http://www.roadcycling.com/reviews/S...2_004637.shtml

Boonen, Chavanel, Levi, Tony Martin and maybe Cavendish...? I don't
know if that's a really well-rounded base for a team, or a team that
will pull itself apart.

Old October 3rd 11, 07:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Scott

On Oct 3, 12:17*pm, RicodJour wrote:
http://www.roadcycling.com/reviews/S...or-Team-Omega-...

Boonen, Chavanel, Levi, Tony Martin and maybe Cavendish...? *I don't
know if that's a really well-rounded base for a team, or a team that
will pull itself apart.

The latter.
Old October 3rd 11, 10:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
atriage[_6_]

On 03/10/2011 19:47, Scott wrote:
On Oct 3, 12:17 pm, wrote:
http://www.roadcycling.com/reviews/S...or-Team-Omega-...

Boonen, Chavanel, Levi, Tony Martin and maybe Cavendish...? I don't
know if that's a really well-rounded base for a team, or a team that
will pull itself apart.

The latter.

Yeah, it is kind of hard to imagine Boonen and Chavanel realizing that their
main goal in life is to set Cav up for the win. I still can't see Cav going to
Pharma Quickstep but it seems he really really likes his Venge and Sky only do
Pinarello. Could that really be the Cav Sky deal breaker?

Old October 3rd 11, 10:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred Flintstein

On Oct 3, 12:17 pm, wrote:
http://www.roadcycling.com/reviews/S...or-Team-Omega-...

Boonen, Chavanel, Levi, Tony Martin and maybe Cavendish...? I don't
know if that's a really well-rounded base for a team, or a team that
will pull itself apart.

The latter.

Yeah, it is kind of hard to imagine Boonen and Chavanel realizing that
their main goal in life is to set Cav up for the win. I still can't see
Cav going to Pharma Quickstep but it seems he really really likes his
Venge and Sky only do Pinarello. Could that really be the Cav Sky deal
breaker?

Boonen's riding has kind of tailed off. He's entering the stage
of his career where he can't dictate his terms anymore. His last
two years have been thin.

So I could imagine his having to suck it up a little to keep
his contract, and if he doesn't want to do that being told to
shove off. Remember, he rides for Lefevere.

Old October 3rd 11, 11:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
atriage[_6_]

On Oct 3, 12:17 pm, wrote:
http://www.roadcycling.com/reviews/S...or-Team-Omega-...

Boonen, Chavanel, Levi, Tony Martin and maybe Cavendish...? I don't
know if that's a really well-rounded base for a team, or a team that
will pull itself apart.

The latter.

Yeah, it is kind of hard to imagine Boonen and Chavanel realizing that
their main goal in life is to set Cav up for the win. I still can't see
Cav going to Pharma Quickstep but it seems he really really likes his
Venge and Sky only do Pinarello. Could that really be the Cav Sky deal
breaker?

Boonen's riding has kind of tailed off. He's entering the stage
of his career where he can't dictate his terms anymore. His last
two years have been thin.

Probably lost his regular coke supplier. :-)

So I could imagine his having to suck it up a little to keep
his contract, and if he doesn't want to do that being told to
shove off. Remember, he rides for Lefevere.

Yeah, Lefevere the Lance Lover, don't think he'd be my cup of tea as a boss but
Boonen's still a bit of an institution in Belgium so I can't see Lefevere
wanting to lose him. Somehow I just can't see Boonen riding for Cav but I have
been known to be wrong and maybe the new super team will incentiverate him with
a big money contract (Have you seen the price of decent coke in Belgium these days?)

Old October 5th 11, 07:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
atriage[_6_]

On 03/10/2011 19:17, RicodJour wrote:
http://www.roadcycling.com/reviews/S...2_004637.shtml

Boonen, Chavanel, Levi, Tony Martin and maybe Cavendish...? I don't
know if that's a really well-rounded base for a team, or a team that
will pull itself apart.

At the bottom of this page there is a bit about why Cav could fit in at Pharma
Quickstep.
http://bicycling.com/blogs/boulderre...ntract-holdup/

Quick-Step Andre[_2_] Racing 35 October 20th 09 12:35 PM
perhaps - Contador to Quick Step cycledogg Racing 1 September 25th 08 08:59 AM
A Quick Step Mole at the UCI? B. Lafferty Racing 4 January 26th 07 09:00 AM
Quick Step breaking out all over Davey Crockett Racing 0 February 26th 06 11:27 PM
Team Hair Gel (aka Quick-Step) Boyd Speerschneider Racing 0 January 11th 05 06:12 AM