Armstrong Cancels Sao Paulo Trip

Old October 13th 11, 09:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
atriage[_6_]

Default Armstrong Cancels Sao Paulo Trip

On 12/10/2011 15:46, Brad Anders wrote:
On Oct 12, 7:28 am, wrote:
On 10/12/2011 10:24 AM, BL wrote: Personal reasons. Target letter?

http://midiasport.com.br/noticiasDetalhes.php?cd=5601

Possibly served with a Grand Jury Subpoena.

He was here in Phoenix last weekend, doing a local tri. According to
my friends who raced with him, he was not in handcuffs.

http://triathlon.competitor.com/2011...riathlon_41728

Old October 14th 11, 12:20 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Scott

On Oct 13, 8:39*am, BL wrote:
On 10/12/2011 9:48 PM, Scott wrote: On Oct 12, 8:24 am, *wrote:
Personal reasons. *Target letter?

http://midiasport.com.br/noticiasDetalhes.php?cd=5601

So?

Stay tuned over the coming 5 days. *Elite cyclists are evidently buzzing
that the perp walks are imminent. Time will tell. LOL!!!!

When you LOL, is it an evil laugh, or just sort of a girlie giggle?
Old October 14th 11, 03:52 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour[_2_]

On Oct 12, 1:17 pm, Fredmaster of Brainerd wrote:

No. Sheesh. He read this article yesterday (LANCE reads
the NY Times every day):

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/16/mo...n-in-martha-ma...
and realized he had some unfinished business in the States.

She was being interviewed on the tube yesterday and she's a-smoking!
I'd trade both twins for her. She's way finer. She looks more like
Scarlett Johansson's sister than an Olsen.

Old October 14th 11, 07:19 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mike Jacoubowsky

"BL" wrote in message
Personal reasons. Target letter?

http://midiasport.com.br/noticiasDetalhes.php?cd=5601

I doubt there are many here who would find it surprising that he'd get
one. But it's kinda gone on a whole lot longer than anybody thought it
would. Or should I be including you as a subset of anybody? I mean
seriously, you've been posting about this eventuality for a very, very
long time, yet instead of ever suggesting that it's been frustrating
because it's been dragging out for so long, your posts continue to imply
"new & exciting!"

I think it's reasonable to assume that, here on RBR, people generally
believe that you thought a "target letter" would have come some time
ago. Interested in having a sincere dialog about that? Personally, not
that that matters, I would rather here your thoughts now, rather than
after the fact. Whatever the fact may end up being.

Thanks-

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

Old October 14th 11, 09:47 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Simply Fred

RicodJour wrote:
She was being interviewed on the tube yesterday and she's a-smoking!
I'd trade both twins for her. She's way finer. She looks more like
Scarlett Johansson's sister than an Olsen.

The overriding criteria though is does she look like LANCE's mom ?
Old October 14th 11, 10:23 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Simply Fred

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqs-LXdgt1o

Old October 14th 11, 05:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
BL[_2_]

On 10/14/2011 2:19 AM, Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
wrote in message
Personal reasons. Target letter?

http://midiasport.com.br/noticiasDetalhes.php?cd=5601

I doubt there are many here who would find it surprising that he'd get
one. But it's kinda gone on a whole lot longer than anybody thought it
would. Or should I be including you as a subset of anybody? I mean
seriously, you've been posting about this eventuality for a very, very
long time, yet instead of ever suggesting that it's been frustrating
because it's been dragging out for so long, your posts continue to imply
"new& exciting!"

It is really not surprising that the investigation has taken this long.
It's a complex money and other evidence trail to follow.

I think it's reasonable to assume that, here on RBR, people generally
believe that you thought a "target letter" would have come some time
ago. Interested in having a sincere dialog about that? Personally, not
that that matters, I would rather here your thoughts now, rather than
after the fact. Whatever the fact may end up being.

My impression from his attorney's actions is that Armstrong received a
target letter a while back. He may have been subpoenaed of late, but
the more I consider it, the wholesale cancellation of his Brazil trip
would not be caused by a subpoena that could be rescheduled. While my
criminal attorney friends think it un-likely that the US Attorney would
let him avoid the perp walk by giving him advance notice of an
indictment and arrest so he could quietly turn himself in, I think that
may be what has happened. Time will tell. :-)

Old October 14th 11, 06:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mike Jacoubowsky

My impression from his attorney's actions is that Armstrong received a
target letter a while back. He may have been subpoenaed of late, but
the more I consider it, the wholesale cancellation of his Brazil trip
would not be caused by a subpoena that could be rescheduled. While my
criminal attorney friends think it un-likely that the US Attorney
would let him avoid the perp walk by giving him advance notice of an
indictment and arrest so he could quietly turn himself in, I think
that may be what has happened. Time will tell. :-)

Is an arrest a requirement of being indicted? I'm sure that sounds like
a dumb question, but I never really thought about the idea before that
anyone who goes to trial was, by defintion, previously arrested for
something, that you couldn't be "charged" without having been
"arrested."

Old October 14th 11, 11:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
BL[_2_]

wrote in message
[...]

Indictment or
Information-------Arrest----------Arraignment-------Bail
Hearing--------Discovery and motion practice----Plea or
Trial------Verdict-----If guilty, pre-sentencing period and
reports----Sentencing
Old October 14th 11, 11:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
atriage[_6_]

On 14/10/2011 23:45, BL wrote:

BL Dream------LA Arrest----------Arraignment-------Bail
Hearing--------Discovery and motion practice----Plea or
Trial------Verdict-----If guilty, pre-sentencing period and
reports----Sentencing-------wakes up disappointed.

Appeasing Carbo Doxy, was Al Bore cancels Nopenhagen lovefestfor his global warmies thirty-six Techniques 1 December 15th 09 10:39 PM
Al Bore cancels Nopenhagen lovefest for his global warmies Andre Jute[_2_] Techniques 45 December 14th 09 01:42 AM
wind cancels race bjorn Racing 36 March 11th 07 09:58 AM
Loveland cancels bike race [email protected] Techniques 1 January 25th 06 09:42 PM
Where's Mike Imrem now? 88' heat cancels football practice! crit pro Racing 4 August 5th 04 05:40 PM