Vote For Moderating the Group

Old September 24th 05, 03:51 AM
Steve Freides

Default Vote For Moderating the Group

"Tom Kunich" wrote in message
oups.com...
I think that we need the group to be moderated or else we'll just lose
it to the nutjobs.

This is why God created the killfile function in news readers. Use it.

-S-

rec.bicycles.racing used to be a great group but it has really run
downhill.

I'd be willing to moderate the group if you wouldn't mind a 2 day delay
over weekends. Or maybe someone else can act as co-moderator?

Old September 24th 05, 06:29 AM
Howard Kveck

In article ,
"Steve Freides" wrote:

"Tom Kunich" wrote in message
oups.com...
I think that we need the group to be moderated or else we'll just lose
it to the nutjobs.

This is why God created the killfile function in news readers. Use it.

-S-

Any guesses as to who's the most killfilled person in this group (for those
who use 'em)?

--
tanx,
Howard

Butter is love.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?
Old September 24th 05, 06:29 AM
Howard Kveck

In article . com,
"Bill C" wrote:

Jim Flom wrote:
"Tom Kunich" wrote ...

I'd be willing to moderate the group

Does anybody else find this offer amusing?

JF

--
http://spaces.msn.com/members/flomblog/

I could go for this with Howard as comoderator as long as they both
have the ability to approve any post, but I'd rather keep the
responsibility on the individual. If you don't want to read it, then
don't. There are enough tools out there to limit the noise to whatever
you want. Personally I'm willing to live with the noise because since
Vern left, other than some CP meltdowns, it's been content oriented,
not just masturbating to personal abuse in public.
Bill C

The very idea of anyone (least of all Tom) moderating this group is appalling
(sorry, I mean 'appaling') to me. How hard is it to skim through the headers and
killfiles? Or just leaving if it isn't to your taste? This stuff is pretty damn
basic. Pretty funny to see an attempt to Bill O'Reilly the group. I guess we had
some foreshadowing of how it would be when TK tried to keep people from
commenting on the passing of Keith Alexander.

"In order to save the village, it was necessary to destroy it."

Old September 24th 05, 07:47 AM
Kyle Legate

Bill C wrote:
Jim Flom wrote:

"Tom Kunich" wrote ...

I'd be willing to moderate the group

Does anybody else find this offer amusing?

JF

--
http://spaces.msn.com/members/flomblog/

I could go for this with Howard as comoderator as long as they both
have the ability to approve any post, but I'd rather keep the
responsibility on the individual.

Of course you do, you're the biggest offender of OT posts in the group.
Old September 24th 05, 12:36 PM
MJ Ray

"Tom Kunich" wrote:
I think that we need the group to be moderated or else we'll just lose
it to the nutjobs.

At this point, I would vote NO because:

1. It is unusual for an unmoderated group to go moderated successfully.
2. There seems no faith in you as moderator.
3. There is an alternative moderated commercial list already.

Please can people use killfiles and not followup to trolls and OTs
other than to redirect, or fix slanders. Together, we can improve rbr.

I am troubled that net users are getting so bad at news. Not just rbr.

Optimistic best wishes,
--
MJR/slef

Old September 24th 05, 02:59 PM
Square Wheels

Mad Dog wrote in :

Are nutjobs anything like blowjobs?

I believe you're refering to tea bagging.
Old September 24th 05, 05:21 PM
Bill C

Kyle Legate wrote:
Bill C wrote:
Jim Flom wrote:

"Tom Kunich" wrote ...

I'd be willing to moderate the group

Does anybody else find this offer amusing?

JF

--
http://spaces.msn.com/members/flomblog/

I could go for this with Howard as comoderator as long as they both
have the ability to approve any post, but I'd rather keep the
responsibility on the individual.

Of course you do, you're the biggest offender of OT posts in the group.

One of them and I admit it.
Bill C

Old September 24th 05, 06:09 PM
Ewoud Dronkert

Steven L. Sheffield wrote:
What's wrong with the existing one, ?

no one was ever allowed to join

Why, did you try?

--
E. Dronkert
Old September 24th 05, 07:34 PM
routebeer

I think that we need the group to be moderated or else we'll just lose
it to the nutjobs.

rec.bicycles.racing used to be a great group but it has really run
downhill.

I'd be willing to moderate the group if you wouldn't mind a 2 day delay
over weekends. Or maybe someone else can act as co-moderator?

LOL

This has to be someone spoofing Tom. Can you imagine what a gruop

moderated
by TK would be like? The horror of it all.

That's hard to tell, but it's funny nonetheless...