Tag-a-long is much better when child pedals

Old September 5th 05, 01:59 AM
ghostgum

Default Tag-a-long is much better when child pedals

Father's day outing was a ride to Jells Park with my 5yo on the
tag-a-long.
For the first time I felt him pedalling for more than 20 metres! It
made the
ride so much easier , although I did hear some complaints behind about
the being cold. The increased speed must have been providing a
cooling
breeze for a change.

When it comes to riding with a 5yo, it seems the only two acceptable
destinations are playgrounds and toy shops :-)

--
ghostgum

Old September 5th 05, 02:15 AM
DaveB

ghostgum wrote:
Father's day outing was a ride to Jells Park with my 5yo on the
tag-a-long.
For the first time I felt him pedalling for more than 20 metres! It
made the
ride so much easier , although I did hear some complaints behind about
the being cold. The increased speed must have been providing a
cooling
breeze for a change.

When it comes to riding with a 5yo, it seems the only two acceptable
destinations are playgrounds and toy shops :-)

You're forgetting chocolate shops and/or lolly shops. Ok maybe Dad
occasionally suggests them as well. My daughter loves to pedal,
unfortunately it's usually at key points where I really need to slow
down. She is good for about 10 seconds of hard work up a hill (gotta
time it juuuuuust right).

DaveB
Old September 5th 05, 03:06 AM
flyingdutch

you gotta introduce kid to the game of 'motor'

just shout back 'engage motor' and child puts in a furious burst
getting you up hill then say 'motor stop' at the top

been dong a couple-o-days a week down to sachool with the kids ove rthe
last few months and the cold has precipitated many blue fingers and
noses til li could find suitable gloves for em

--
flyingdutch

Old September 5th 05, 03:21 AM
DaveB

flyingdutch wrote:
you gotta introduce kid to the game of 'motor'

just shout back 'engage motor' and child puts in a furious burst
getting you up hill then say 'motor stop' at the top

been dong a couple-o-days a week down to sachool with the kids ove rthe
last few months and the cold has precipitated many blue fingers and
noses til li could find suitable gloves for em

I need to get soem gloves for my daughter and on the weekend we also
went looking for some nix for upcoming bike holiday. Couldn't find
anything close to 5 year old size. Are there any LBS's in melbourne with
a decent (or any) range of kids cycling clothes? managed to get down to
size 8 but that was still too big.

DaveB
Old September 5th 05, 04:07 AM
ghostgum

you gotta introduce kid to the game of 'motor'
just shout back 'engage motor' and child puts in a furious
burst getting you up hill then say 'motor stop' at the top

I'll have to try this one. Games are definitely an incentive.
I'm thinking about seeing how far we can ride towards the city,
before he (or I) gets tired and we catch the train back home.

been dong a couple-o-days a week down to school with the
kids over the last few months

Last year I was taking him to and from childcare one day a week,
en-route to work. This allowed the newborn to stay asleep.
Fast ride down the hill in the morning with gloves and scarf.
He wasn't real keen on the cold. Warm ride back up the hill in
the evening. I took off the tag-a-long and left it there for the
day because it is awkward thing to tow empty (wobbles from
side to side).

and the cold has precipitated many blue fingers and
noses till I could find suitable gloves for em

I'm imagining your child with a glove attached to the nose.

--
ghostgum

Old September 5th 05, 04:32 AM
Bleve

DaveB wrote:

I need to get soem gloves for my daughter and on the weekend we also
went looking for some nix for upcoming bike holiday. Couldn't find
anything close to 5 year old size. Are there any LBS's in melbourne with
a decent (or any) range of kids cycling clothes? managed to get down to
size 8 but that was still too big.

I don't know about gloves, but if you give Rowbust a call
(Collingwood, www.rowbust.com) they may be able to make you some knicks
etc out of offcuts of other chamois etc?

Old September 5th 05, 10:54 PM
Plodder

"flyingdutch" wrote in
message ...

you gotta introduce kid to the game of 'motor'

just shout back 'engage motor' and child puts in a furious burst
getting you up hill then say 'motor stop' at the top

been dong a couple-o-days a week down to sachool with the kids ove rthe
last few months and the cold has precipitated *many blue fingers and
noses til li could find suitable gloves for em *

--
flyingdutch

You found nose gloves? That produces a whole lot of images! I wonder if some
marketoid hasn't picked it up already!

Frank

Old September 6th 05, 12:12 PM
Liz

"Plodder" CORNED BEEF@NOSPAM wrote in message

"flyingdutch" wrote in
message ...

you gotta introduce kid to the game of 'motor'

just shout back 'engage motor' and child puts in a furious burst
getting you up hill then say 'motor stop' at the top

been dong a couple-o-days a week down to sachool with the kids ove rthe
last few months and the cold has precipitated *many blue fingers and
noses til li could find suitable gloves for em *

--
flyingdutch

You found nose gloves? That produces a whole lot of images! I wonder if

some
marketoid hasn't picked it up already!

Frank

You could knit these:

http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEwinter02/PATTnosewarmer.html

Old September 6th 05, 12:54 PM
Resound

"Liz" wrote in message

"Plodder" CORNED BEEF@NOSPAM wrote in message

"flyingdutch" wrote
in
message ...

you gotta introduce kid to the game of 'motor'

just shout back 'engage motor' and child puts in a furious burst
getting you up hill then say 'motor stop' at the top

been dong a couple-o-days a week down to sachool with the kids ove rthe
last few months and the cold has precipitated *many blue fingers and
noses til li could find suitable gloves for em *

--
flyingdutch

You found nose gloves? That produces a whole lot of images! I wonder if

some
marketoid hasn't picked it up already!

Frank

You could knit these:

http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEwinter02/PATTnosewarmer.html

Or for special wrongness, these:
http://www.popdizzy.com/archives/pop...tted-gimp-suit

Old September 6th 05, 01:14 PM
Kathy

Liz wrote:
"Plodder" CORNED BEEF@NOSPAM wrote in message

"flyingdutch" wrote in
message ...

you gotta introduce kid to the game of 'motor'

just shout back 'engage motor' and child puts in a furious burst
getting you up hill then say 'motor stop' at the top

been dong a couple-o-days a week down to sachool with the kids ove rthe
last few months and the cold has precipitated *many blue fingers and
noses til li could find suitable gloves for em *

--
flyingdutch

You found nose gloves? That produces a whole lot of images! I wonder if

some

marketoid hasn't picked it up already!

Frank

You could knit these:

http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEwinter02/PATTnosewarmer.html

It's a weird world sometimes, isn't it... Who would have thought you
could create a tea cosy for your nose?