God intervenes! Ride cancelled.

Old December 15th 04, 07:21 PM
dgk

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 16:03:27 GMT, "Neil Brooks"
wrote:

dgk wrote:
I'll admit that I wasn't looking forward to riding today. 22F and
windy - the wrong way of course. Still, I was all layered up (with one
extra layer) when I couldn't find my electric gloves. Odd, since I
wore them yesterday. I looked upstairs, downstairs, all around. No
electirc gloves. I looked in the garage but no. No gloves.

So I punted and took the train. I did make some stops coming home
yesterday and might have switched gloves and left the electric ones
somewhere but I really doubt it. I mean, it was cold last night.

Still, they were not locatable this morning. I can only conclude that
divine intervention was responsible. Or perhaps one of the cats hid
them. That would still sort of be divine intervention.

a) Did you look on top of the dryer? That's where I'd-a put them;

b) You didn't /specifically/ mention whether you changed out of cycling
clothes before boarding the train. For some reason, I feel compelled to ask
;-)

Stay warm....

My cycling clothes aren't really typical. I was wearing tights but
they were under jeans. I don't wear bike shorts usually although I do
in the summer.

I wear sneakers (no spd). And I wear a bottom layer of some polyester
substance that clearly does look like athletic clothing but are not
visible through the fleece middle layer. Only the top layer, the
bright yellow Cannondale jacket which I love because of the zippers
all over, is clearly biking material. That I did not wear because it
has no pockets. But I am sitting at work with tights under my jeans
and thick socks and undersocks. Plus a cheap pair of gloves that I
could find.
Old December 16th 04, 03:29 AM
Mark Hickey

dgk wrote:

Still, they were not locatable this morning. I can only conclude that
divine intervention was responsible. Or perhaps one of the cats hid
them. That would still sort of be divine intervention.

No, that would be feline intervention...

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $695 ti frame